While investigators are expected to write their own proposals and prepare their own submissions, the Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) does provide assistance and resources to make the process more efficient and effective. The Office of Research Services (ORS) is the primary contact for pre-award needs and is the office that will submit a final proposal to a funding agency. The OVPR offers a number of faculty development opportunities to assist you in preparing successful proposals.
- Roles & Responsibilities - A breakdown of the responsibilities of ORS, the PI, the department, college, Office of the Vice President for Research and Accounting Services.
- Preliminary Proposals/White Papers - A pre-proposal (sometimes called a white paper, letter proposal, letter of intent, preliminary proposal, pre-application, or concept paper) is a short description of the proposed project.
- Proposal Checklist - These items should be considered in the preparation and review of proposals.
- Proposal Format - While every agency has specific proposal guidelines that must be followed, we have provided general proposal format as a guide if there is no specific format instructions.
- Data Management Plans - This library guide provides information faculty and staff can access for the development of their data management plans in coordination with the library or by using resources for independent creation.
- Budget Development - The preparation of a budget is an important part of the proposal preparation process and should be considered as you are developing the project itself.
- Frequently Required Proposal Data - A quick reference for proposal preparation.
For more information on the research process at Texas Tech, please see the Guide to Research prepared by the Office of the Vice President for Research.