The Office of Research Services (ORS) is the central point of contact for agency grant or contract officers regarding administrative matters both during award negotiation and throughout the project. Once an award or amendment has been reviewed and signed by ORS and the Sponsor, award and budget information is provided to the Office of Accounting Services (AS). All post award services and inquiries will be handled through AS unless a change in award is required.
ORS reports to the Vice President for Research, whole AS reports to the Office of the Chief Financial Officers and Vice President for Administration and Finance. Select the link below for additional information on the following areas:
- Roles & Responsibilities - A breakdown of the responsibilities of ORS, the PI, the department, college, Office of Research & Innovation and Accounting Services.
- Award Definition - Defines types of awards and their differences.
- Award Negotiation & Acceptance - While technical negotiations are always conducted with the PI/PD, business, financial and administrative negotiations are conducted with personnel authorized to negotiate on behalf of the university. ORS is responsible for award document processing and assigning the highest priority to these actions.
- Establishing an Institutional Budget - Upon conclusion of any negotiation and receipt of fully executed award documents or other proof of award, ORS forwards it along with other pertinent information to the Office of Accounting Services.
- Award File Maintenance - ORS will maintain a record of all the funding documentation and project regulatory requirements.
- Sub-recipient Agreements - ORS is responsible for preparing and executing all sub-recipient agreements on sponsored projects.
- No-cost Extensions - If unforeseen circumstances require the project end date to be extended, ORS will negotiate with the sponsor.
- Federal Demonstration Partnership - Texas Tech University is one of the institutions selected nationwide to participate in the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP).