Department research in human geography covers a number of diverse topics including social, urban and economic geography; issues of racial identity, political ecology and geographic education.
From a regional perspective, faculty expertise includes world regonal geography, the geography of Texas and the American Southwest, the geography of the United States and Canada, the geography of Latin and South America, and the geography of Europe.
Dr. Guofeng Cao, application of GIS in the analysis of location-based social media, spatial cognition.
Dr. Perry Carter, social, urban and economic geography, issues of racial identity, geographic methods.
Dr. Gary Elbow, human geography, world regional geography, geographic education, Latin America.
Linda Jones, human geography, technology and the human landscape, Europe.
Research and Teaching Facilities
- GEOG 1300 Fundamentals of Geography
- GEOG 2300 Introduction to Human Geography
- GEOG 2351 World Regional Geography
- GEOG 3337 Economic Geography
- GEOG 3340 Introduction to Research in Human Geography
- GEOG 3350 Social and Cultural Geography
- GEOG 3351 Geography of Urban Places
- GEOG 3352 Geography of the United States and Canada
- GEOG 3356 Geography of Texas
- GEOG 3360 Technology and the Human Landscape
- GEOG 3363 Geography of South America
- GEOG 4334 Field Seminar in Human Geography
- GEOG 5303 Advanced Human Geography
- GEOG 5312 Seminar in Human Geography
- GEOG 5334 Field Seminar in Human Geography
AddressTexas Tech University, 2500 Broadway, Lubbock, TX 79409