Department of Geosciences
- The Department of Geosciences at Texas Tech University invites applications for tenure-track position in the area of boundary layer meteorology and atmospheric turbulence. The full position announcement contains application instructions.
Department News and Announcements
- Dr. Will Asquith is recognized by the U.S. Embassy in Bolivia for his contributions to the International Symposium on Water Resources Mangement.
- Dr. Zhe Zhu invited to be an Associate Editor for the Arabian Journal of Geosciences.
- Dr. Zhe Zhu received a grant from USGS: “Algorithm Improvement, Near Real-time Monitoring, and New Change Product Designed for the LCMAP Initiative”, Z. Zhu, PI, USGS Great Plains Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit (CESU) Program, $283,045, 1/16/2017-1/15/2021.
- Cuadrosa, J., B. Šegvić, V. Dekovd, J.R. Michalski, D. B. Bardají, 2018, Electron microscopy investigation of the genetic link between Fe oxides/oxyhydroxides and nontronite in submarine hydrothermal fields. Marine Geology.
- Leverington, D.W., 2017, Is Kasei Valles (Mars) the largest volcanic channel in the solar system? Icarus, in press.
- Li, J., T. Kandakji, J.A. Lee, J. Tatarko, J. Blackwell III, T.E. Gill, J.D. Collins, 2017, Blowing dust and highway safety in the southwestern United States: Characteristics of dust emission "hotspots" and management implications. Science of the Total Environment, in press.
- Chaterjee, S., C.R. Scotese, S. Bajpai, 2017, The Restless Indian Plate and Its Epic Voyage from Gondwana to Asia: Its Tectonic, Paleoclimatic, and Paleobiogeographic Evolution. Geological Society of America, Special Paper 529, 147 p.
- Qiu, S., B. He, Z. Zhu, Z. Liao, & X. Quan, 2017, Improving Fmask cloud and cloud shadow detection in mountainous area for Landsat 4-8 images. Remote Sensing of Environment.
- Zhu, Z., 2017. Change detection using Landsat time series: a review of frequencies, preprocessing, algorithms, and applications. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing.
- Jin, S., L. Yang, Z. Zhu, & C. Homer, 2017. A land cover change detection and classification protocol for updating Alaska NLCD 2001 to 2011, Remote Sensing of Environment.
- Foga, S., P.L. Scaramuzza, S. Guo, Z. Zhu, R.D. Dilley, T. Beckman, G.L. Schmidt, J.L. Dwyer, M.J. Hughes, B. Laue, 2017. Cloud detection algorithm comparison and validation for operational Landsat data products. Remote Sensing of Environment.
- Xin, X., B. Liu, K. Di, Z. Zhu, Z. Zhao, J. Liu, Z. Yue, G. Zhang, 2017. Monitoring urban expansion using time series of night-time light data: a case study in Wuhan, China, International Journal of Remote Sensing.