Department of Geosciences
Department News and Announcements
- Congratulations to Dr. Sandip Pal who received a new grant from NASA: "Multi-instrument observations of greenhouse gases across frontal boundary and comparison with WRF-Chem simulations", PI: S. Pal, NASA ACT-America (Earth Venture Suborbital Mission, Atmospheric Carbon and Transport- America), $159,077, 2019-2021.
- We are saddened to report that Dr. Bill Mueller (Ph.D. 2015), Assistant Curator of Paleontology Tech Tech Museum, passed away on May 7, 2019. He was a good friend and colleague and will be sorely missed.
- Mark your calendar for the Alumni Reception at AAPG in San Antonio! The College of Arts and Sciences will be hosting an alumni reception Monday May 20, 2019 5:30-7:30 PM at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio 600 E Market Street Bonham C Ballroom, in conjunction with AAPG convention in San Antonio. All alumni in central Texas and conference attendees welcome. AAPG conference registration not required.
- Dr. Sandip Pal has received the International Research and Development Seed Grant 2019 awarded by the TTU Office of International Affairs. His project is "Impact of Advected Urban Boundary Layer on the Atmospheric Dynamics and Convection Initiations over the Adjacent Sub-urban and Rural areas." Congratulations!
- We are proud to announce that Justin Weaver, instructor for Atmospheric Sciences, will be awarded the 2019 Professing Excellence Award! Each year, Texas Tech students are given the opportunity to nominate faculty members and present awards to those who have demonstrated exceptional educational skills. Congratulations to Justin for winning this award and representing the Department of Geosciences!
- Geology summer field camp will be here soon. Please consider giving to the Field Camp Scholarship to help defray expenses for our students attending field camp.
- Dr. Sandip Pal named Associate Editor for Atmospheric Sciences Letters (Royal Meteorological Society).
- We are very pleased to report that Dr. John Schroeder has been named as the Senior Director of the National Wind Institute. In addition, John will serve as the Technical Director for Prediction and Measurement, one of the three areas of NWI research excellence.
Tweets by ttugeosciences