Department of Geosciences
Department News and Announcements
- Congratulations to Dr. Jen Henderson who has been recently named Chair of the Board on Societal Impacts for the American Meteorological Society as well as Associate Editor for the journal Weather, Climate and Society
- Dr. Sandip Pal named Associate Editor for Frontiers in Remote Sensing (Lidar Sensing)
- Dr. Sandip Pal has been awarded the 2020 International Research and Development Seed Grant awarded by the TTU Office of International Affairs; please see attached the PDF. Project: Exploring the complexities in atmospheric boundary layer dynamics over mountainous regions using lidar and in-situ observations.
- We are proud to announce that Dr. Harold Gurrola, Associate Professor Geosciences, will be awarded the 2020 Professing Excellence Award! Each year, Texas Tech students are given the opportunity to nominate faculty members and present awards to those who have demonstrated exceptional educational skills. Congratulations to Dr. Gurrola for winning this award and representing the Department of Geosciences!
- Dr. Sandip Pal has been awarded the 2020 Faculty Conference Travel Grant by the Office of Research & Innovation of Texas Tech University to attend an International Conference in Houston (Aerosol, Cloud, Precipitation, and Climate, a joint initiative of the International Geosphere–Biosphere Programme and the World Climate Research Programme).
- We are proud to announce Dr. Sandip Pal was given the 2019 Open Access Award for Publications through the Faculty Research Committee at the Texas Tech University Libraries for showing commitment to open access via publishing in high-impact open access journals, and serving as a reviewer for various reputed journals and an associate editor of an open access journal.
- We are very excited to announce our very own Mary Catherine Hastert has been awarded the Chancellor's Award of Excellence! The Chancellor's Award of Excellence is given to a staff member who demonstrates exemplary service and commitment to the Texas Tech University System and the achievement of its goals through his or her actions throughout the year. One award is given out each year to a staff member who has promoted change within their department, and motivates fellow faculty. Congratulations Mary Catherine on this wonderful accomplishment!
Tweets by ttugeosciences