Phone: (806) 834-3299
The Geology and Geophysics Program offers a course of study leading to the Bachelor
of Science in Geosciences (geology, geophysics or environmental geology concentrations)
and Bachelor of Arts in Geosciences (geology concentration). Graduates from the program are employed in the petroleum industry, state and federal
agencies, environmental firms and major colleges and universities across the country.
Minors in Geology or Geophysics are available for all majors.
The Geology and Geophysics Program also offers a wide variety of courses that can be used as general electives and several approved courses that can be used to meet the general education requirements of the core curriculum.
- Minors in Geoscience
- Geology Minor
- Geophysics Minor
- Composite Minor in Geosciences (only for BS in GEOS majors)
Undergraduate students who are interested in TTU Geosciences program can apply to Texas Tech University directly through the TTU Admission Office using the online Apply Texas website:
Students are also welcome to transfer into geosciences from other programs within Texas Tech University or from other institutions.
The Department of Geosciences welcomes students who transfer from other institutions. If you plan on transferring to Texas Tech University there are a few important points to consider
- Application is online at the Registrar website. Alternatively, you may use ApplyTexas for transfer students
- Transfer students should apply for scholarships within the ApplyTexas application to be considered for transfer student scholarships.
- Transfer credits are evaluated by the TTU Transfer Evaluation Office upon receipt of transcripts. However the TTU Registrar provides a transfer evaluation tool to help students plan for transferring into Texas Tech. This is a great tool to stay on track when completing courses at another institution.
- Students in the College of Arts and Sciences are allowed to transfer up to 72 hours from junior colleges.