Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy Master’s Degree
Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy Master's DegreeRequest Info Apply
Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy Courses & Requirements
Earn your Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy master's degree from one of the top graduate schools in the field.
Texas Tech University has a long, distinguished tradition of graduate education in marriage and family counseling.
Our Master's Degree in Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy provides you with superior preparation for doctoral studies or professional certification as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor. You will work with experienced educators and leading practitioners in couple, marriage, and family therapy, earning a master's degree that qualifies you for advanced responsibilities in couple and marriage counseling, family therapy, addiction recovery, and other areas of mental health treatment.
Texas Tech's couple, marriage, and family therapy master's degree has an especially strong clinical focus. Our campus-based Family Therapy Clinic serves couples, families, and individuals, providing you with opportunities to conduct therapy and counseling sessions under the guidance of faculty.
The couple, marriage, and family therapy master's program stands out for its:
- Superior faculty. Texas Tech has one of the largest groups of marriage and family therapy faculty in the country. You will work with experienced scholars who have a wide range of clinical specializations.
- Supportive environment. Our master's degree students work in a collaborative spirit that promotes personal and professional development. You will develop strong relationships with faculty mentors and fellow graduate students, including doctoral candidates.
- Research opportunities. You will get hands-on training and experience in social science research, working directly with our leading marriage and family therapy faculty. Texas Tech master's degree students frequently publish their work in academic journals and present at national and international conferences.
- Practical career development. With a strong theoretical foundation and first-hand clinical experience, you will get excellent preparation to pass the licensure examination, compete successfully for jobs, or gain admission to a marriage and family therapy Ph.D. programs.
Develop Unique Specializations in Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy
Texas Tech's couple, marriage, and family therapy master's program includes a unique focus in the treatment of addictions. Our faculty work in partnership with the Addictive Disorders and Recovery Studies department, offering specialized training to prepare you for certification as a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor.
You will have a wide range of options in focusing your master's degree research. Faculty and students in our marriage and family therapy program have developed expertise in areas such as:
- Military marriages
- Domestic violence
- Substance abuse in adults and adolescents
- Family resiliency during health care crises (including cancer treatment)
- Living with disabled family members, including individuals with Down's syndrome
- Mindfulness in marriage and dating
Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy Master's Degree Program State Certification
The master's degree is designed to meet the academic and practicum requirements for the Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate in the State of Texas.
For more information about the Master's Program in Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy
Request Information Online
Contact the program coordinator
- Name: Dr. Jaclyn Cravens Pickens
- Email: Jaclyn.Cravens@ttu.edu
- Phone: (806) 834-2705