CFAS Graduate Scholarships
The Department of Community, Family, and Addiction Sciences (CFAS), in conjunction with the College of Human Sciences, offers a variety of graduate scholarships of different amounts. In order for a student to receive a scholarship from CFAS, it is the College of Human Sciences' requirement that the student completes a graduate scholarship application through the graduate school and provides additional documentation (see application check list).
How to Apply
- Graduate Application Form: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/funding/
- All graduate students are required to apply for a scholarship in the Graduate School. When you apply for a scholarship in the Graduate School you will check a box indicating that you would like to be considered for a College of Human Sciences scholarship. YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR A COLLEGE OF HUMAN SCIENCES SCHOLARSHIP IF YOU DO NOT APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP IN THE GRADUATE SCHOOL.
Deadlines for Applications
Online application opens November 15
Deadline for applications will be January 15
Awards announced by March 15
Acceptance of award from student deadline is April 15
In addition to your application, you must have on file at TTU:
- Official TTU Transcript*
- Current graduate students should furnish cumulative GPA.
List of Graduate Scholarships
The TTU Graduate School provides a list of all of the graduate supported scholarships on their website. Please refer to: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/financial/GeneralFellowships.php for more information.
Selection of Recipients
Once the General Scholarship Application is completed by the required deadline, the recipients are selected by the CFAS scholarship committee. While evaluation is based on the criteria set for the specific award, most awards subsume: scholarship, excellence, achievement in academic and non-academic areas, leadership, character, seriousness of purpose and/or need. Failure to provide promptly all information requested could result in disqualification of the application. Check your TTU email account for notification of scholarship awards.
For more detailed criteria for each of the above listed scholarships, contact CFAS at (806) 834-8230 or email Robbie Vittitow at robbie.vittitow.ttu.edu.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MFT PROGRAM
Submit the following in PDF format to Lori Minner, email@example.com
- Vita/Resume - Resume should include: Employment history, Education, Degrees, Honors and Leadership, Professional Organization, Special Awards, Research and other Creative Work Skills, Hobbies and Interests.
- Goals Statement – In 500 words or less, describe explicitly your professional goals and any further information relevant to your interest and capacity for graduate study. Include a statement of how experiences in your family of origin have influenced your career goals.
- Contribution Statement - Describe what special contributions you would bring; contribution to diversity, special accomplishments, research and creative achievements, leadership background, other unique life experiences relevant to your pursuit of graduate education.
- Three (3) letters of reference
- The GRE and GMAT are not required.
If you have any further questions, please contact Lori Minner,806.834.3547 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.