Favorite Places to Eat in Lubbock
Hometown: Lubbock, Texas
There are so many great places to eat in Lubbock! If you're looking for somewhere nice to take your student to eat, which believe me they will love you for (eating food on campus gets really old), I suggest Texas Roadhouse for steaks, Chuy's for Mexican food, and Orlando's for Italian food. If you're on campus and needing something to eat close by I suggest Dion's Pizza, it's pretty cheap and they have awesome pizza, subs and salads.
Hometown: Austin, Texas
- Caprock Café - With two locations in Lubbock, and delicious burgers, this place is a great place to go. They have a variety of great food from burgers to Mexican. My personal favorite is their spicy chicken burger. This place is a must eat local Lubbock eatery!
- Twist'd Texan – I am from Austin and can't resist a tasty food truck. This new food truck in Lubbock makes some of the best tacos I've ever tasted. To keep up with where they are going to be, follow them on facebook to find out!
- Pie Bar – Located at Quaker and 82nd St, This place is adorable for dessert. With many pie flavors and crust options, it has options for many dessert cravings your student may have.
Hometown: Midland, Texas
There are a lot of great places to eat around campus as well as within the Lubbock community. Blue sky has delicious burgers and shakes, which is a great place to stop before/after football games due to it being, located so close to Jones stadium. My personal favorite is Cancun on University, a great Mexican restaurant that has a more authentic taste.
Hometown: Frisco, Texas
I tend to stick to restaurant chains when I go out to eat, so BJ's, Chili's, and Twisted Root are some of my favorite places to go. However, if you're looking for good authentic Mexican food, Cancun is the place to go! It is by far my favorite Mexican restaurant in Lubbock.
Hometown: Whitesboro, Texas
My absolute favorite place to eat in Lubbock is Jazz. It's a Louisiana Kitchen that has the best Cajun seafood! The best part about it is that it's a very small old restaurant that has been around since my own parents were in college. The walls are filled with dollar bills people have decorated and written on, which gives the place a really cool atmosphere. A few other great places to try are Double Dave's Pizza (best pizza you will ever have), The Shack (BBQ), Orlando's Italian Food, Torchy's Tacos, Thai Pepper, and BJs! Most of these places have coupons for students that you can find on campus! There are a million amazing places to eat in Lubbock, and I am still finding little restaurants that I need to try!
Hometown: El Paso, Texas
- Sheridan's- I love, love, love Sheridan's and their custard. There are so many different combinations you can create or you could pick something. If you like mint chocolate, you can't go wrong with the Grant's Grasshopper Concrete.
- Chuy's, - This is a great tex-mex place! I usually alternate between the chicken flautas and the Elvis Green Chile Fried Chicken. The chicken is breaded with Lay's potato chips (sounds crazy, but it's good, I promise)!
- Dion's – They have the best, fulfilling salads here, and the pizza goes without saying! My go-to is the greek salad, without the Dion's Mix and greek dressing. I also like their pepperoni pizza with their delicious ranch.
Hometown: Dallas, Texas
Living on a college budget is hard, but throughout the years I have learned about some good places to eat when you want to splurge and also when are trying to keep it cheap. One of my favorite places to eat when I don't want to spend a lot of money, but also want quality food is Dion's. This pizza place is conveniently located close to campus and offers a variety of options. My roommate and I went there nearly every weekend split a small pizza and each end up spending only $5. When I just had a bad day or a hard test, I enjoy getting some good old fashioned Buffalo Wild Wings. I know this restaurant isn't just in Lubbock, but still brings normalcy to me, like I am still back home. On Tuesdays and Thursdays there are wing specials, so I went there to just relax and unwind after long or stressful days. One of my favorite places in Lubbock though, regardless of occasion is Caprock Café. Their queso makes me feel like I'm sitting at my dining room table with my family all around and their burgers are delicious. The ambiance at Caprock is very family friendly as well so it is great for any occasion.
Hometown: Houston, Texas
There are many great places to eat on and off campus while at Tech and in Lubbock. On campus the best food is at the Market in Stangel/Murrdough, between all the new choices and the discount for on campus residence it is the best place on campus. However keep in mind Sam's West is always a great choice for the late night snack. Off campus Lubbock Breakfast House is a perfect place for breakfast and lunch, it is quick and the food always hits the spot. Also some off-campus restaurants have student discounts and that is never a bad deal.