Student Safety and Wellness
This page is a compilation of safety and wellness-related web sites from campus departments such as the Texas Tech Police Department, University Student Housing, Student Health Services, the Risk Intervention and Safety Education department, and others.
- Texas Tech Police Department | 806-742-3931
- Emergency Communication Information - This site is intended to inform the Texas Tech University community about what to do in advance of, during and after an emergency.
- TechAlert! - Emergency alert notification system to communication important alerts and emergency response information (students must have eRaider login to update their information)
- Update emergency contact information - Student eRaider login required
Residence Hall Safety
- Sexual Assault Prevention Tips - Provided by the Risk Intervention and Safety Education department
- If your student needs to report sexual misconduct - Provided by the Title IX office, this page describes options for reporting sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, non-consensual sexual contact, non-consensual sexual intercourse, sexual exploitation, etc.
- Discuss sexual violence and consent with your student. Watch our video with Title IX and the Office of Student Conduct on how to have this conversation. This article, provided by RAINN, discusses ways to have this important conversation.
- General Crime Prevention Tips - From theft prevention to pedestrian and driving safety, these tips are provided by the Texas Tech Police Department. Includes active shooter protocol information.
Personal Wellness and Safety
- Texas Tech Crisis HelpLine - 806-742-5555. This is a 24-hour assistance for students experiencing mental health crisis/suicidal thoughts/sexual assault/interpersonal violence
- Student Health Services - Full service clinic with licensed physicians and pharmacy
- Student Counseling Center - Licensed psychologists and counselors who can assist students or refer to services. Includes resources for parents and family members as well as online self-help resources
- Students of Concern - If you are concerned for a student, you can file a Student of Concern Report here. If your concern is an emergeny, dial 9-1-1 or contact the Texas Tech Police Department at 806-742-3931 for non-emergency assistance.
- Alcohol and Drug Resources - Visit this page to learn about alcohol and drug resources on campus.
- Risk Intervention and Safety (RISE) - Focused on Prevention & Wellness efforts for the Red Raider Community
- Beyond Okay - A mental health initiative to better support students' mental health and well-being
- Raider Safety - A website the combines several safety resources in one convenient location - share this with your student.
Are you concerned for a student?
The Office of the Dean of Students maintains a Students of Concern website, where you can submit a report if you are concerned about the wellbeing of a Texas Tech student.
If your concern for a student is an emergency, dial 9-1-1 or call the Texas Tech Police Department at 806-742-3931 for non-emergency assistance.