Student Safety and Wellness
This page is a compilation of safety and wellness-related web sites from campus departments such as the Texas Tech Police Department, University Student Housing, Student Health Services, the Risk Intervention and Safety Education department, and others.
- Texas Tech Police Department 806-742-3931
- Emergency Communication Information
- TechAlert! - Emergency alert notification system to communication important alerts and emergency response information (must have eRaider login)
- Update emergency contact information - student eRaider login required
Residence Hall Safety
- Blue Phones - blue light emergency phones are direct lines to the Texas Tech Police Department
- Raider Ride - a safe ride home program for students; operates on- and off campus
- Sexual Assault Prevention Tips - Provided by the Risk Intervention and Safety Education department
- If your student needs to report sexual misconduct - Provided by the Title IX office, this page describes options for reporting sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, non-consensual sexual contact, non-consensual sexual intercourse, sexual exploitation, etc.
- Discuss sexual violence and consent with your student. This article, provided by the Parent Toolkit, discusses ways to have this important conversation.
- General Crime Prevention Tips - From theft prevention to pedestrian and driving safety, these tips are provided by the Texas Tech Police Department. Includes active shooter protocol information.
Personal Wellness and Safety
- Texas Tech Crisis HelpLine - 806-742-5555. 24-hour assistance for students experiencing mental health crisis/suicidal thoughts/sexual assault/interpersonal violence
- Student Health Services - full service clinic with licensed physicians and pharmacy
- Student Counseling Center - licensed psychologists and counselors who can assist students or refer to services. Includes resources for parents and family members as well as online self-help resources
- Students of Concern - this section is to assist those in their efforts to enhance the education and personal achievements of students by providing information on effectively assisting TTU students.
- Raider Assistance Program - provides a safe and confidential place for students to address questions and concerns regarding alcohol and other drugs
- Risk Intervention and Safety (RISE) - focused on Prevention & Wellness efforts for the Red Raider Community
- Mental Health and Wellbeing