Student Safety and Wellness
This page is a compilation of safety and wellness-related web sites from campus departments such as the Texas Tech Police Department, University Student Housing, Student Health Services, the Risk Intervention and Safety Education department, and others.
Residence Hall Safety
- Sexual Assault Prevention Tips - Provided by the Risk Intervention and Safety Education department
- If your student needs to report sexual misconduct - Provided by the Title IX office, this page describes options for reporting sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, non-consensual sexual contact, non-consensual sexual intercourse, sexual exploitation, etc.
- Discuss sexual violence and consent with your student. This article, provided by the Parent Toolkit, discusses ways to have this important conversation.
- General Crime Prevention Tips - From theft prevention to pedestrian and driving safety, these tips are provided by the Texas Tech Police Department. Includes active shooter protocol information.
Personal Wellness and Safety
- Texas Tech Crisis HelpLine - 806-742-5555. 24-hour assistance for students experiencing mental health crisis/suicidal thoughts/sexual assault/interpersonal violence
- Student Health Services - full service clinic with licensed physicians and pharmacy
- Student Counseling Center - licensed psychologists and counselors who can assist students or refer to services. Includes resources for parents and family members as well as online self-help resources
- Students of Concern - this section is to assist those in their efforts to enhance the education and personal achievements of students by providing information on effectively assisting TTU students.
- Raider Assistance Program - provides a safe and confidential place for students to address questions and concerns regarding alcohol and other drugs
- Risk Intervention and Safety (RISE) - focused on Prevention & Wellness efforts for the Red Raider Community
- Mental Health and Wellbeing