How Your Credit Will Transfer
Our transfer credit database contains about 155,000 course equivalencies. The chances are very good you will be able to determine the TTU equivalent for courses you have taken or plan to take at another institution. This will be especially true if you are transferring from a Texas school.
Evaluation of course credit earned at other institutions by the Transfer Evaluation Office does not decree approval of the credit for use toward degree requirements. Only the academic dean of the college offering the program in which a student is enrolled has authority for determining which courses will be applied toward any specific program (p. 17, 2007-08 TTU Catalog).
- CLICK HERE to search the database for transfer equivalencies.
- If the institution or course you are looking for is not listed, submit a request for pre-evaluation of your transfer credit. Please note: an unofficial copy of your transcript may be required to complete your request.
- If you still have questions regarding the transferability of coursework taken at another institution, please contact the Transfer Evaluation Office.
- If you have general questions about transferring to Texas Tech University, please refer to the Admissions web site.
TTU Course Equivalent Guidelines
- Course equivalencies listed as "DEVL" are non-transferable for credit at Texas Tech University.
- Course equivalencies list as "VOCN" are not normally considered transferable for credit. Students may wish to petition for vocational credit to transfer for their particular degree program. Course evaluation must be approved by the academic department and the student's academic Dean.
- Course equivalencies listed as "WECM" are not normally considered transferable for credit. Students may wish to petition for workforce education credit to transfer for their particular degree program. The academic department and the student's academic Dean must approve the course evaluation.
- Course equivalencies listed with a Texas Tech University course prefix followed by
a number and dashes indicate "General Transfer Credit." The course prefix indicates the appropriate department that would evaluate the credit
for equivalency. The number indicates the level of the course:
- 1: Freshman-level General Transfer
- 2: Sophomore-level General Transfer
- 3: Junior-level General Transfer
- 4: Senior-level General Transfer
- Only the student's academic dean can determine the degree applicability of general credit for degree purposes.
- Course equivalencies listed with a Texas Tech University course prefix followed by the word "CORE" indicate general credit coursework acceptable in satisfying Texas Tech University Core Curriculum requirements.