Tech-or-Treat is a Halloween Carnival held in the Student Union Building to provide a safe alternative to trick-or-treating, and is staffed by Texas Tech student organizations, sororities, fraternities, and campus departments.
Sign your student organization up to host an activity!
Sign up Form on TechConnect
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Student Union Building
1502 Akron Ave.
This year we are extending the event to give families more time to get through the event and lessen the chance for overcrowding.
More details to come!
Things to Know:
- Parents, please stay with your ghouls & goblins at all times.
- Event Staff can be identified by their volunteer badges.
- All building entrances will be open.
- Event maps will be available at the Information Desk, across from Texas Tech Campus Store on the first floor.
- The Information Desk will also be the Lost & Found Children area.
- Photos taken will be posted on our Facebook page. Please let us know if you do not want your or your child's photo taken.
- We have two elevators, one on the Northwest side of the SUB (beside the bookstore) and one on the Northeast side (behind the glass cases by the Allen Theatre). Keep in mind the elevators will have long wait times.
- Consider not bringing a stroller/wagon because of the long wait times at the elevators, and we will have activities on multiple floors. We do have plenty of seating for anyone needing to sit out for awhile.
- We have 6 water refill stations located throughout the SUB if you want to bring your own bottles.
- TTU Students will still have classes before and during the event, please be mindful of the foot and vehicle traffic when driving and walking on campus.
NOTE: Costumes are encouraged, but visitors over the age of 14 are asked to refrain from wearing masks or face paint. Costumes that include weapons or items that resemble weapons will not be allowed.
Questions & comments:
Claire Nevarez, Associate Director