Tech-or-Treat is a Halloween Carnival held in the Student Union Building to provide a safe alternative to trick-or-treating, and is staffed by Texas Tech student organizations, sororities, fraternities, and campus departments.
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Student Union Building
1502 Akron Ave.
This year we are extending the event to give families more time to get through the event and lessen the chance for overcrowding.
Bring new or gently used children's books for the Children's Advocacy Center of the South Plains!
WHERE TO PARK
- Lot beside Library (R-3)
- Music building (R-11 Band Lot)
- Visitor Lot R-13 - must enter campus from Boston or Broadway to access. 15th Street does not go through.
Overflow parking: Parking Garage at 18th & Flint
Keep in mind there will be a lot of traffic at 5 pm when most staff are leaving campus.
Things to Know:
- Parents, please stay with your ghouls & goblins at all times.
- Event Staff can be identified by their volunteer badges.
- All building entrances will be open.
- Event maps will be available at the Information Desk, across from Texas Tech Campus Store on the first floor.
- The Information Desk will also be the Lost & Found Children area.
- Photos taken will be posted on our Facebook page. Please let us know if you do not want your or your child's photo taken.
- We have two elevators, one on the Northwest side of the SUB (beside the bookstore) and one on the Northeast side (behind the glass cases by the Allen Theatre). Keep in mind the elevators will have long wait times.
- Consider not bringing a stroller/wagon because of the long wait times at the elevators, and we will have activities on multiple floors. We do have plenty of seating for anyone needing to sit out for awhile.
- TTU Students will still have classes before and during the event and staff will be leaving campus at 5 when the event begins. Please be mindful of the foot and vehicle traffic when driving and walking on campus.
NOTE: Costumes are encouraged, but visitors over the age of 14 are asked to refrain from wearing masks or face paint. Costumes that include weapons or items that resemble weapons will not be allowed.
Other campus Halloween activities:
SafeTreat - October 27, 7-9, C-1 Parking Lot (NOT in Residence Halls)
Greek Treat - Trick or Treat on Greek Street is back this year. It is on Halloween, Sunday, October 31st, from 2 – 4 p.m. on Greek Circle I. Questions about this event can be directed to Center for Campus Life at 806-742-5433.
Questions & comments:
Michelle Morris, Administrator