To apply, please email application documents to GPSIP@ttu.edu or turn in the documents to Drane Hall, Room 312:
- The completed application and essays (typed)
- Cover Letter (The letter may be addressed to Ronald Phillips.)
- Texas Tech University Transcript (The transcript may be unofficial.)
- Letters of Recommendation
- 3 letters are recommended
- At least one letter should be submitted from a Texas Tech faculty member
- Recommendation letters may be addressed to Internship Coordinator, Haley Hudson
- Recommendation letters may be emailed or hand-delivered to the Government & Public Service office.
- Fall 2021 - Wednesday, February 24th, 2021 by 5 pm
- Summer 2021 - Friday, January 22nd by 5 pm
After the application deadline, students will be notified via email for an interview.
There are internships available in Washington DC and Lubbock for the spring, fall, and summer. Austin internships will be available starting January 2019 for the reconvening of the Texas Legislature.
For additional information about the program please contact the Coordinator by email or phone (806) 742-2121.