To apply, please turn in the following documents to President's Office, Administration Building, Room 170:
- The completed application and essays (typed)
- Cover Letter (The letter may be addressed to Ronald Phillips.)
- Texas Tech University Transcript (The transcript may be unofficial.)
- Letters of Recommendation
- 3 letters are recommended
- At least one letter should be submitted from a Texas Tech faculty member
- Recommendation letters may be addressed to Internship Coordinator
- Recommendation letters may be emailed, hand-delivered, or mailed to Holton Westbrook with your application
- Spring 2019 - Friday, October 12, 2018 by 5 pm
- Summer 2019 - Friday, December 7, 2018 by 5 pm
- Fall 2019 - Friday, February 8, 2019 by 5 pm
After the application deadline, students will be notified via email for an interview.
There are internships available in Washington DC and Lubbock for the spring, fall, and summer. Austin internships will be available starting January 2019 for the reconvening of the Texas Legislature.
For additional information about the program please contact Holton Westbrook by email or phone (806) 742-2121.
Optional information sessions will be held on:
- Wednesday, September 12, 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 25, 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 11, 5:30 pm.
- Tuesday, November 13, 5:30 pm.
All information sessions will be held in West Hall, Presentation Room 101. Past interns will be at all sessions to discuss their experiences and answer your questions.