To apply, please turn in the following documents to President's Office, Administration room 170:
- The completed application and essays (typed)
- Cover Letter (The letter may be addressed to Holton Westbrook.)
- TTU Transcript (The transcript may be unofficial.)
- Letters of Recommendation
- 3 letters are recommended
- At least one letter should be submitted from a Texas Tech faculty member
- Recommendation letters may be addressed to Internship Coordinator
- Recommendation letters may be emailed, hand-delivered, or mailed to Holton Westbrook with your application
- Spring 2018 - Friday, October 6, 2017 by 5 pm
- Summer 2018 - Friday, December 1, 2017 by 5 pm
- Fall 2018 - Friday, February 9, 2018 by 5 pm
After the application deadline, students will be notified via email for an interview.
There are internships available in Washington DC and Lubbock for the spring, fall, and summer. Austin internships will be available starting January 2019 for the reconvening of the Texas Legislature.
For additional information about the program please contact Holton Westbrook by email or phone (806) 834-7646.
Optional information sessions will be held on:
- Wednesday, November 15, 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 31, 5:00 p.m.
All information sessions will be held in West Hall, Presentation Room 101. Past interns will be at all sessions to discuss their experiences and answer your questions.