To apply, please turn in the following documents to the Development Building, Room 108:
- The completed application and essays (typed)
- Cover Letter (The letter may be addressed to Ronald Phillips.)
- Texas Tech University Transcript (The transcript may be unofficial.)
- Letters of Recommendation
- 3 letters are recommended
- At least one letter should be submitted from a Texas Tech faculty member
- Recommendation letters may be addressed to Internship Coordinator, Haley Hudson
- Recommendation letters may be emailed or hand-delivered to the Government & Public Service office.
- Spring 2021 - Friday, October 2, 2020 by 5 pm
After the application deadline, students will be notified via email for an interview.
There are internships available in Washington DC and Lubbock for the spring, fall, and summer. Austin internships will be available starting January 2019 for the reconvening of the Texas Legislature.
For additional information about the program please contact the Coordinator by email or phone (806) 742-2121.
Optional information sessions will be held on:
- Wednesday, September 2nd @ 5:00pm
- Thursday, September 10th @ 5:00pm
- Wednesday, September 16th @ 5:00pm
All information sessions will be held in the Escondido Theater at the Student Union Building. Past interns will be at all sessions to discuss their experiences and answer your questions. If you are unable to make it to an information session, here is the flyer we will hand out at the meeting.