No particular major or disciplinary background is required to apply for an internship. Students will acquire skills and experience through the program that will serve them well no matter what career or field of study.
To qualify, students much (1) complete a minimum of 60 hours of course credit before the semester they wish to participate and (2) maintain at least a 3.0 GPA.
Other Important Qualifications:
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Involvement at Texas Tech
• Ability to get along and work with diverse groups of people
• Desire to learn and a good work ethic
• Well-mannered and able to interact well with others
To apply, students must (1) Complete a typed application, located on the website below, (2) Provide a cover letter, (3) One-page Résumé, (4) a suggested three letter of recommendation, with at least one letter submitted by a Texas Tech faculty member (5) and an unofficial transcript showing the qualifications.
Please address the cover letter and letters of recommendations to Ronald Phillips.
Email your application and the respective documents listed below to GPSIP@ttu.edu or deliver application and documents to the Government & Public Service Office, Administration Building, Room 168.
- Spring 2024: Applications are due by 5PM on September 22, 2023.
- Summer 2024: Applications are due by 5PM on January 24, 2024.
- Fall 2024: Applications are due by 5PM on February 23, 2024.
After the application deadline, students will be notified via email for an interview.
For additional information about the program or inquiries please contact our team by email GPSIP@ttu.edu or phone (806) 834-5997.