Seed Grant for Interdisciplinary Research
Applications are no longer being accepted for this opportunity. Please monitor TechAnnounce, Competition Space, Scholarly Messenger, etc. for official announcements and funding opportunities.
The Seed Grants for Interdisciplinary Research (SGIR) was designed to promote interdisciplinary research and scholarly activities among tenure and tenure-track faculty. In addition to attracting federal funding that would support collaborations the SGIR promoted research that included the arts, education, humanities and/or social sciences.
The SGIR provided $1,200,000 in total funding to 10 awardees in during two rounds in 2016 and 2017. Over 100 proposals were received which included budgets from $50,000 to $150,000 and were competitively reviewed by their peers.
Awards were be considered based on the following requirements:
- Teams composed of 3 or more investigators from different disciplines.
- One investigator must be in the arts, education, humanities, or social sciences.
- Senior Investigator(s) (Lead PI) must be Tenure or Tenure Track Faculty at Texas Tech University.
- Research must be in an area that benefits from integration of more than one discipline.
- Researchers may be included on only 2 applications.