Memorial to Dr. Julie Lynn Morrow
b. July 21, 1960
d. January 5, 2003
Dr. Julie Morrow was a scientist with USDA-ARS with a specialty in farm animal behavior and physioogy. She grew up in suburban Chicago and loved animals. Her daughter Amy, her family, friends and colleagues will miss her.Julie Morrow's resume Eulogy delivered January 10, 2003
Julie Morrow Memorial Endowment
The Julie Morrow Memorial Endowment was established by family and friends of Julie Morrow and will be used to support the following:
- Julie Morrow Graduate Fellowship - to provide scholarships to qualified graduate students who have an interest in the behavior or physiology of pigs or cattle. Preference will be given to students with an interest in farm animal welfare research and education.
- Julie Morrow Memorial Lectureship Series - funds will be used to bring internationally recognized speakers to campus to foster educational experiences for students and faculty in the area of farm animal behavior and physiology.
- Julie Morrow Distinguished Professorship - funds will be used to establish an endowed professorship with a research and education expertise in farm animal behavior and physiology with a special emphasis on farm animal biology and welfare. Priority will be given to candidates with expertise in pigs, cattle or other farm animal species (in that priority order).
- Julie Morrow Postdoctoral Fellowship - funds may be provided to postdoctoral students who have an interest in the behavior or physiology of pigs or cattle. Preference will be given to students with an interest in farm animal welfare research and education.
- To make a contribution to the Julie Morrow Memorial Endowment, please make your check payable to the Texas Tech Foundation and send it to the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Box 42123, Lubbock, TX 79409-2123. All donations are tax deductible. If you have questions, please contact Jane Piercy at (806) 834-7371.
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
Julie suffered from Juvenile Diabetes. The Morrow family and friends suggest memorials
to either (a) the Julie Morrow Endowment which will help future students in the field
of animal behavior and physiology or to (b) the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation (JDF).
JDF can be found at:
120 Wall Street, 19th floor
New York, NY 10005