Animal & Food Sciences
Discovering Solutions, Empowering Students, Serving Society
Welcome to Texas Tech University's Department of Animal and Food Sciences. The department is home to approximately 500 undergraduate students and 100 graduate students. It is housed in a state-of-the-art teaching and research facility which features five specialized teaching and research labs, the largest retail meat cooler on a university campus and a retail store, "COWamongus!"
Many faculty members are leading researchers in their respective fields, including food science, food safety, muscle biology, nutrition, animal wellbeing, breeding and genetics, physiology and with specialties in cattle, horse, sheep & goats, and swine.
Featured Program: The Therapeutic Riding Center
Research at Burnett Center
- TTU Invitational Judging Contests: March 25
- TTU Area FFA Contests: April 8
- AFS Spring Honors Banquet: April 8
- TTU State FFA Contests: April 22
- TTU Judging Team Reunion: May 5 & 6
- Texas Tech Judging Camps: June 2017
In the News
Meet the Students
Animal Science, Pre-Vet Option