Animal & Food Sciences
Discovering Solutions, Empowering Students, Serving Society
Welcome to Texas Tech University's Department of Animal and Food Sciences. The department is home to approximately 500 undergraduate students and 100 graduate students. It is housed in a state-of-the-art teaching and research facility which features five specialized teaching and research labs, the largest retail meat cooler on a university campus and a retail store, "COWamongus!"
Many faculty members are leading researchers in their respective fields, including food science, food safety, muscle biology, nutrition, animal wellbeing, breeding and genetics, physiology and with specialties in cattle, horse, sheep & goats, and swine.
Featured Program: The Therapeutic Riding Center
Research at Burnett Center
- Spring Break: March 10-18
- TTU Invitational Contests and CDE Workshops: March 24 (Register at www.judgingcard.com)
- Texas Tech Area CDEs: April 13-14
- Texas Tech State CDEs: April 21
- TTU Livestock Judging Camp Application
- TTU Meat Judging Camp Application