Food Science Minor
- All prerequisites must be met prior to taking each course.
- A grade of “C” or higher is required in each course.
- The maximum number of transfer hours in any minor is nine (9).
- A student may not minor within his/her department.
- Courses in a major, but outside a student's department, may be used in a minor.
- Minors will consist of a minimum of 18 hours.
- At least nine (9) hours in a minor must consist of upper division courses.
Required Courses (9 hours):
- FDSC 2300, Principles of Food Technology
- FDSC 2302, Elementary Analysis of Foods
- FDSC 3303, Food Sanitation, or FDSC 3309, Food Safety
Electives (9 hours):
Select nine (9) hours from the following:
- FDSC 3301, Food Microbiology
- FDSC 3302, Advanced Food Analysis
- FDSC 3304, Fruit and Vegetable Processing
- FDSC 3305, Food Engineering
- FDSC 4001, Food Science Problems
- FDSC 4303, Food Chemistry
- FDSC 4304, Field Studies in Food Processing and Handling
- FDSC 4306, Dairy Products Manufacturing
- FDSC 4307, Poultry Processing or Products
Animal & Food Sciences
AddressTexas Tech University, Department of Animal and Food Sciences, Box 42141, Lubbock, TX 79409