Animal Science Minor
- All prerequisites must be met prior to taking each course.
- A grade of C or higher is required in each course.
- The maximum number of transfer hours in any minor is nine (9).
- A student may not minor within his/her department.
- Courses in a major, but outside a student’s department, may be used in a minor.
- Minors will consist of a minimum of 18 hours.
- At least nine (9) hours in a minor must consist of upper division courses (3000 or higher).
Required Courses (9 hours):
- ANSC 1401, General Animal Science
- ANSC 3301, Principles of Nutrition (Prerequisites: ANSC 1401, CHEM 2303/2103 or CHEM 2305/2105) Fall only; or
- ANSC 3305, Applied Animal Nutrition (Prerequisites: ANSC 1401, CHEM 1305/1306) Spring only; or
- ANSC 2305, Introductory Horse Nutrition, Fall only
- ANSC 4401, 4402, 4403, 4406, 4407 (Any production class)
Electives (9 hours):
Nine (9) hours of directed electives will be chosen by the student with the consent of the Animal Science Minor Advisor.