The Texas Tech University Department of Computer Science will:
- The department will be a leader in computer science education and creation of new knowledge.
- Our graduates will be future CS leaders and innovators.
- The faculty will conduct quality research that will influence national and international agenda.
- We will engage in multi-disciplinary pursuits that reinforce the impact of computation in other disciplines.
- Our outreach and research will fuel economic development and contribute to the health and well being of society.
The Texas Tech University Department of Computer Science is committed to the values of:
- Mutual respect
- Cooperation & communication
- Creativity & innovation
- Community service & leadership
- Academic & intellectual freedom
- Pursuit of excellence
- Public accountability
The Department of Computer Science engages in the research, education, and service activities required to create and disseminate the knowledge of problem solving using computers.