B.S. in Computer Engineering Overview
The program educational objectives describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years of graduation utilizing the knowledge gained from their academic program. The educational objectives are:
- Graduates will be prepared to have successful careers as computer engineers in the diverse fields that computer engineering transcends.
- Graduates will have the foundation to pursue advanced degrees and make important contributions to the field of computer engineering.
- Graduates will engage in professional development activities to adapt to evolving challenges and opportunities in an ever more networked society.
The Student Outcomes define the knowledge and skills that will be mastered by our graduates. To enable TTU EE and CMPE students to accomplish the Educational Objectives, the curriculum is designed to ensure students, at the time of graduation, have the following:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
The bachelor of science in computer engineering and the bachelor of science in electrical engineering are accredited by the
Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.