The ethics resources on this page come from the TTU Ethics Center, other ethics centers, and online organizations.
Ethics Center Presentations and Publications
The TTU Ethics Center is committed to generating and propagating scholarly work.
Listed Below are publications and presentations produced by the center.
- Association for Practical and Professional Ethics Annual Meeting
- Southwest Research Association Annual Meeting
- International Center for Academic Integrity Annual Conference.
- SACS-COC Annual Conference
- Texas Tech University REAL Presentation
Faculty may call our office to schedule a tailored presentation on Academic Integrity for students and student groups. Presentations can run between 20 and 45 minutes, according to your needs.
Red Raider Ethics Generator Series
The Red Raider Ethics Generator Series runs each long semester. Students, staff, faculty, and administrators discuss an ethical topic of their choice in a short opinion column.
- Kelly Westbrook (Student, Economics), Keeping Ethical Choices an Arm's Length Away
- Rodney Donahue (Instructor, Department of Theatre), A Degree with Two Names?
- Graysen Ortega (Student, Food Science), Food Ethics is Everyone's Business
- Rebecca Baake (Student, Philosophy), Tempted by 'College Candy'? What Would the Philosophers Say?
- Coach Kristy Curry (Head Coach, Lady Raider Basketball), Coaching Values and Core Beliefs (September 10, 2010)
- Tyler Patton (External VP, Student Government Association), Red Raider Ethics Generator (Untitled) (September 24, 2010)
- Rich Burgess (Deputy Director for Distance Learning - Murdough Center for Engineering Professionalism), Ethical Action Requires Thoughtful Expression (October 1, 2010)
- Bill Dean (Executive Vice President & CEO, TTU Alumni Association; Associate Professor, College of Mass Communications), Red Raider Ethics Generator (Untitled) (October 26, 2010)
- JoAnn Klinker (Associate Professor, College of Education), Don't give in to hasty thoughtlessness (December 1, 2010)
- Jennifer Bard (Alvin R Allison Professor of Law), Jennifer Bard (Alvin R Allison Professor of Law), As Exams Approach, Strive for Honor (December 6, 2010)
- Ambassador Tibor Nagy (Vice Provost for International Affairs), The ethics (or lack thereof) of the Wikileaks Controversy (January 25, 2011)
- Susan Saab Fortney (Interim Dean and Horn Professor, School of Law), Faceless on Facebook (February 8, 2011)
- Rial D. Rolfe (Senior VP for Academic Affairs, TTUHSC), Don't let conflicts of interest mislead you (March 21, 2011)
TED Presentations (via www.ted.com)
The presentations below address issues related to the Statement of Ethical Principles and ethics more broadly. Other TED talks are included in the Ethics Learning Modules.
- Behavioral economist Dan Ariely at TED2011: "Beware Conflicts of Interest."
- Education consultant Sir Ken Robinson at TED2006: "Do Schools Kill Creativity?"
Recommended Articles and Bibliographies
- TTU Ethics Center Bibliography (updated October 2011). TTU readers can access these sources through the University Library's journals and ILLIAD service.
- Center for the Study of Ethics in the Professions Annotated Bibliography. This 2009 comprehensive and annotated bibliography covers topics from research ethics in science to evaluating teaching methods.