TTU Ethics Center
Ethics Center Events
Part 3 of the Ethical Decision Making Series
When Collaboration becomes Collusion
Through the examination of students' survey responses this session
discusses what new in-coming freshmen and transfer students at
a large research university understand about academic collaboration
and avoiding collusion or committing academic misconduct.
Time: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Place: TTU Library - TLPDC, Room 153
Lunch will be provided and registration is required.
This event will be available via live-stream.
The link will be provided the week of the event.
The Community Foundation of West Texas has a research scholarship available for student attending Texas Tech University. The deadline to apply is April 1, 2019. For more information please click on the link below.
*Please note that applications must be submitted online. Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
This scholarship was established by the former Lubbock Chapter of the Achievement Rewards for College Scientists. This scholarship is intended for students pursuing a PhD in the natural sciences. These include: Agriculture (scientific research areas); Arts and Sciences: Geologic Sciences, Mathematics, Biological Sciences, Physics, Chemistry and Biochemistry, and Environmental Toxicology (scientific research areas); Engineering (scientific research areas); and Human Sciences: Nutrition (scientific research areas).
Deadline to apply: April 1
2019 Award amount: $4,000.00 ($2,000 each semester)
Part 1 of the Ethical Decision Making Series
Video link (eRaider authentication required):
The 5th Annual Global Ethics Day
The 2018 TTU Ethics Center in partnership with the Carnegie Council for Ethics in Internal Affairs celebrated the Fifth Annual Global Ethics Day "Ethics In Action". The event was held on on Wednesday, October 17th at the TTU School of Law, Lanier Auditorium.
- Ms. Thi Kim Xuan Nguyen, Senior Ethics Officer, United Nations
- Ambassador Nestor Mendez, Assistant Secretary General, Organization of American States
- Nadia Flores-Yeffal, Assistant Professor, Texas Tech University, Department of Sociology
- Daniel J. Epstein, Course Developer, Texas Tech University, Department of Political Science
Let's Get Social
- April 2nd, 2018 Notification : Mon, 02 Apr 2018 16:49:36 -0500
- April 2nd, 2018 Notification : Mon, 02 Apr 2018 14:06:59 -0500
- April 2nd, 2018 Notification : Mon, 02 Apr 2018 13:33:31 -0500
- February 7th, 2017 Notification : Tue, 07 Feb 2017 10:40:59 -0600
- February 2nd, 2017 Notification : Thu, 02 Feb 2017 11:42:34 -0600
The TTU Ethics Center Blog Series on Ethics
"The reason we keep asking these questions is because the answers change depending on how a lot of other things in our society change. And it's the same issue with ethics."
Click the link below for the interview with Dr. Francesca di Poppa on Ethics in Philosophy.
A New York Times Article article written by Hai T. Nguyen, Research Associate, TTU Ethics Center