Contracting for Honors Course Credit
The Application Process: Fall 2016
Appointments MUST be completed by 5:00 pm Friday, September 9 and applications TURNED in by 5:00 pm Friday, September 16.
Step 1: Email the Contracting Coordinator email@example.com for an appointment to obtain a Contract application and to discuss the proposed project. The appointment should take place as soon as you receive a class syllabus.
Step 2: Meet with the professor to discuss an appropriate project, how you will share your project with an audience, and set-up a general meeting schedule.
Step 3: Complete the application form with the professor of the contracted course.
Step 4: Submit the completed application to the Honors College no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, September 16.
General Contracting Information
Contracting allows an Honors student to earn Honors credit for a non-Honors course by completing work beyond what is required in the course. Only 3000- and 4000-level courses with a syllabus, and meeting face-to-face are eligible for contracting.
- Student must receive a grade of B- or better in the course and satisfactorily complete the approved project.
- Projects are due to the Contracting Coordinator two weeks before the last class day of the semester.
- Students are expected to have all contracted courses complete by their graduating semester.
- No contracts in the summer sessions are allowed.
- Graduate courses (face-to-face) may be contracted.
- Pre-Law Academy courses may be contracted
- A substantial, Honors worthy project
- An 8-10 page research paper with a short presentation of 12-15 minute presentation. Projects enhance course material but do not duplicate an assignment on the syllabus.
- Sharing the knowledge/skills/experiences gained through completion of the project with an audience (the class, student organization, or other).
- Regular contact with the professor outside of class to discuss the student's progress and answer questions regarding the paper/project.
Questions may be directed to Abel Rios, the Honors Contracting Coordinator.