Contracting for Honors Course Credit
The Application Process: Fall 2017
Step 1: Email the Contracting Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment to obtain a Contract application and to discuss the proposed research paper and presentation. The appointment should take place the semester before your contracting semester.
Step 2: Meet with the professor to discuss an appropriate research paper, how you will share your paper with an audience, and set-up a general meeting schedule with the professor.
Step 3: Complete the application form with the professor of the contracted course.
Step 4: Submit the completed application to the Honors College before the start of the contracting semester.
General Contracting Information
Contracting allows an Honors student to earn Honors credit for a non-Honors course by completing work beyond what is required in the course. Only 3000- and 4000-level courses with a syllabus, and meeting face-to-face are eligible for contracting.
- Students must receive a grade of B- or better in the course and satisfactorily complete the approved paper.
- The research paper is due to the Contracting Coordinator two weeks before the last class day of the semester.
- Students are expected to have all contracted courses complete by their graduating semester.
- No contracts in the summer sessions are allowed.
- Graduate courses (face-to-face) may be contracted.
- Pre-Law Academy courses may be contracted.
- A substantial, Honors worthy research paper and presentation are as follows:
- A 12-15 page research paper with a short presentation of 15-20 minutes. The research paper should enhance course material but not duplicate an assignment on the syllabus.
- Share the knowledge/skills/experiences gained through a presentation with an audience (the class, a student organization, or other).
- Regular contact with the professor outside of class to discuss the student's progress and answer questions regarding the research paper is required.
Questions may be directed to Abel Rios, the Honors Contracting Coordinator.