Texas Tech University

Human Development and Family Sciences

Procedures for Graduate Student Travel Applications

Given the current circumstances and travel restrictions due to COVID-19, most conferences and trainings are being conducted online. The revised procedures for applying for conferences and trainings are as follows:

  1. Complete the HDFS Graduate Conference/Workshop/Training Request Form. Note that you must complete your application and submit it to the department at least 30 days prior to the start of the conference/training/workshop in order to be approved for the conference/training/workshop.
  2. Submit the form to the Graduate Program Coordinator cristobal.chavez@ttu.edu and copy the Graduate Program Director Dr. Elizabeth Trejos (elizabeth.trejos@ttu.edu).
  3. Once the form is approved, send an email to cristobal.chavez@ttu.edu to schedule a time to use the department P-card for registration over the phone. *Please do not register using your own credit card.

*Funds approved for academic year 2020-2021 only apply to 2 virtual conferences (presenting and/or only attending) and 1 virtual training/workshop (max. $2,500) for masters and doctoral students. Conferences and trainings/workshops need to be identified in consultation with the student's advisor and need to be related to the student's research interests. In addition, the department will pay for the student membership along with the conference registration if the registration is completed during the early-bird period.