Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Early Childhood
Earn a bachelor's degree that is designed for professional adults seeking to make an impact on young children and families.
In this program you will integrate and apply an understanding of physical, cognitive, social and emotional development as it applies to children in diverse environments. Join the only BAAS program in Texas with a focus on early childhood.
Students who have completed an Associates of Applied Arts and Sciences degree will be able to maximize previously earned college credits towards a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences in Early Childhood from Texas Tech.
You will have the advantage of learning from experts in child development and early childhood research. This 2-year to 4-year BAAS degree in early childhood offers unparalleled training for careers that make a difference in the lives of young children.
Choose Texas Tech's early childhood bachelor of applied arts and sciences degree if you want to:
- Work directly with children in your community. Students will benefit from valuable field experiences applying their classroom knowledge to children in a real world, community setting. Our early childhood coursework expands beyond the classroom; students will learn to apply child development practices through the completion of a practicum course of their choice.
- Get one-on-one attention from faculty. You will benefit from consistent mentoring from our expert faculty. Our Early Childhood bachelor's degree program features professors who strive to share the most recent information and research, but also value building relationships with students. Our faculty will provide you with the knowledge and skills to observe children's development and to evaluate learning experiences in formal and informal settings.
- Apply knowledge of child development in multiple contexts. The early childhood bachelor's program allows students to draw upon their learning in a variety of infant, toddler, preschooler and school-age settings. Students will learn to take a holistic approach to early childhood by associating theoretical research and current practices in early education.
- Earn your bachelor's degree in as little as 2 years. You can apply your community college courses towards your bachelor's degree at a four-year institution like Texas Tech. The early childhood BAAS program will prepare you for the EC-3 or EC-6 teaching certification to fulfill the increasing need for rural area teachers. While you will have excellent preparation for a certification exam, this degree does not provide teacher certification.
Early Childhood Career Opportunities
Texas Tech's early childhood bachelor's degree opens the door for careers as an expert in the development of young children. Graduates can expect to find jobs in:
- Government Agencies
- Social Service Organizations
- Healthcare and Non-Profits
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education
*Pending SACSCOC approval.
For more information about the Early Childhood bachelor of applied arts and sciences degree
Request Information Online
Contact the Office of Recruitment and Visitor's Center
- Phone: (806) 742-1941