Ph.D. in Nutritional Sciences
Nutritional Sciences Doctoral Degree
Establish strong research credentials in our Nutritional Sciences Ph.D. program.
Nutritional science has emerged as a significant research topic in health sciences, social services, and public policy. The Texas Tech University Nutritional Sciences Ph.D. program integrates these multiple disciplines effectively.
Our Ph.D. in Nutritional Sciences provides you with an exceptionally collaborative, interdisciplinary setting. You will enjoy opportunities to collaborate with renowned scholars from a wide range of specialties, while working in outstanding research programs such as the Behavioral Medicine & Translational Research Lab, Nutrigenomics, Inflammation and Obesity Research Lab and the Nutrition and Nanomedicine Lab.
Texas Tech supports an impressive breadth of nutritional sciences research projects, in areas such as:
- Community nutrition
- International nutrition
- Food insecurity
- Nutritional biochemistry
- Drug development
- Behavioral influences on nutrition and diet
Our broad range of research specialties ensures that you can focus your doctoral work in an area that supports your academic and career objectives.
Our Nutritional Sciences Ph.D. Program Supports Your Academic Success and Career Development
As a nutritional sciences Ph.D. candidate at Texas Tech, you will enjoy support to develop your career. The Ph.D. program offers you opportunities to:
- Gain recognition for your work. Our faculty and Ph.D. students have an excellent track record of publications, with recent papers appearing in journals related to clinical nutrition, gerontology, sports medicine, applied physiology, and biology.
- Work with nationally prominent researchers in nutritional sciences. Our faculty have conducted high-profile studies that have been covered by major news networks and national newspapers such as The Washington Post and New York Times.
- Collaborate on multidisciplinary projects. You will have excellent opportunities to integrate nutritional science research with scholarship in other College of Human Sciences specialties, including obesity, addiction, human development, and education.
- Serve in a clinical role. The College of Human Sciences' community-service mission has led to strong partnerships with community agencies and nonprofit organizations. You will have the opportunity to work directly with children, adults, and families as an advocate for better nutrition.
Career Benefits of a Nutritional Sciences Ph.D.
Our Ph.D. in nutritional sciences caters to students who seek a faculty position, with primary responsibilities of teaching and research.
In addition, a broad range of agencies and organizations seek leaders with advanced expertise in nutritional sciences. You will find opportunities in many sectors, including health care, education, public policy, food services, and sports.
For more information about the Nutritional Sciences Ph.D. program
Request Information Online
Contact the Graduate Advisor
- Name: Dr. Debra Reed
- Email: email@example.com