- New Nutritional Science Faculty, Students Win National Conference Awards
- Spring 2016 Obesity Research Cluster Seminar Series sponsored by the Presidential Cluster Hire Tier 2.
- New Volume 2 Issue 1
Earn a B.S. Degree in Nutritional Sciences or Dietetics
The Nutritional Sciences program offers four degrees for students who have an interest in food and nutrition.
- Nutritional Sciences and Dietetics degree plan is for students wishing to pursue a career as Registered Dietitian Nutritionist.
- Career opportunities include positions in hospitals, clinics, community agencies, private consulting, long term care, extension services, foodservice operations, and corporate wellness.
- Nutrition degree with emphasis on Pre-Professional Heath Career is for students who plan to
enter healthcare professions.
- Post graduate paths include medical, pharmacy, dental, physician assistant, physical therapy, optometry, nursing, and other allied healthcare fields.
- Health and Wellness degree addresses the need for students who are interested in nutrition in a corporate
- Job opportunities would include but not limited to corporate wellness, sales in pharmaceuticals and nutrition formulas, free-lance journalism for nutrition topics, Agri-Life Extension Service and WIC (Women, Infant, and Children's government program), and various food companies.
- Secondary Teacher Certification prepares graduates who are interested to teach at the 8th-12th grade level in the area of nutrition, food science and hospitality.
The Texas Tech Nutritional Sciences Program (NS) offers a Dietetic Internship Program with an optional Master of Science (MS) degree. The Dietetic Internship is a 15 month program, consisting of 1248 hours of supervised practice. Our program has a concentration in Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT).
- Thesis option
- Non-thesis option
- Community Nutrition
- Human Nutrition/Metabolism Nutrition
The Nutritional Sciences Department faculty helps students to engage in scientific discoveries and provides evidence based learning opportunities. We have experts in the areas of basic, clinical and community nutrition. They are specialists and conduct innovative research on varied topics like obesity, diabetes, inflammation, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, nano-medicine, sports nutrition, nutrigenomics and behavioral medicine. Our faculty are highly productive and have won several university, national and international recognition for their dedication in teaching and productivity in research.
Take the Next Step
Interested in learning more about the Nutritional Sciences program? Choose an option to request more information.