ICC's Annual "Putting on the Dog" Photo Exhibit
Call for Entries for the ICC's Annual "Putting on the Dog" Photo Exhibit
Every year the International Cultural Center observes the dog days of summer with a photo exhibit entitled "Putting on the Dog: Dogs without Borders." Submit your images by May 24 (5 images max)!
8th Annual "Putting on the Dog: Dogs without Borders" exhibition
Call for Entries
Of the 150+ breeds recognized by the American Kennel Club, only a handful originated in the United States. The rest have international ancestors: Belgian Tervurens, English Setters, Irish Setters, Russian Wolfhounds, German Shepherds, etc. The list is long, distinguished, and undeniably international. Of course, the mutt (which AKC classifies as "All-American") is probably the quintessential American "breed" since, like many of us, mutts claim a lineage that includes genetic input from a wide variety of ancestors.
As this exhibit will hang in our galleries from June through mid-August, we are looking for images that are more "fine art" than "aim and click"! The requirements are as follows:
- Deadline: May 24, 2017. We will email the decision to you by May 31.
- Five images maximum, high resolution, color or black & white.
- To submit images, please email reduced size files to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No entry fee!
- Subject matter: the image must prominently feature a dog—preferably purebred, given the exhibit's theme, but images of mixed breeds also accepted (we will ask you to supply the breed--or combination of breeds--so we can indicate country of origin on the exhibit labels).
- If we select your image(s), you will need to supply us with an exhibit-quality 11x14 print (or prints) matted in white with at least 2" of mat showing on each of the four sides. We will frame the work here, so the outer mat dimensions must be 16" x 20" to fit our frames.
For more information, please contact Jan Stogner email@example.com
Phone: (806) 742-3667