International Travel Fund Program
The President and the Office of the Provost have graciously approved supplemental funding to assist TTU faculty with the cost of travelling abroad for making presentations, addresses at conferences, exhibitions, and concerts that are taking place outside of the United States. This funding is administered by the Office of International Affairs (OIA) and is intended to supplement departmental, college and/or other funds available to faculty for this purpose. Funding awards are contingent upon written consent of the department chair, center director, and the Dean of the College.
Download the International Travel Fund Award Application and Trip Report forms.
Guidelines for Application
- Applications are received three times each year as follows:
- February 1 deadline: for travels during March through August
- June 1 deadline: for travels during July through December
- October 1 deadline: for travels during November through April
Submit the following documents to:
Administrative Assistant to the Associate Vice Provost for International Programs
Office of International Affairs
601 Indiana Ave
Texas Tech University
- The original and one copy of the completed application using the International Travel Fund Application form above.
- Invitation to conference and/or letter of acceptance for presentation at the conference. You are welcome to submit a request for funding without the letter of acceptance if you believe that your presentation will be accepted soon after the deadline. Your request may be approved contingent upon your receiving the acceptance letter and forwarding it to the Office of International Affairs.
- Other attachments as necessary.
Policies Governing International Travel Fund Application
- International Travel Application (along with information necessary for Export Control compliance screening) must be submitted in a timely fashion and must be approved prior to travel.
- Because of the limited amount of available funds ($20,000 per year), each award will be limited to a maximum of $1,500 and may only be used for the airfare portion of your trip.
- If you do not use the funds for the specific trip you will need to reapply for future funds. The funds are not automatically carried forward.
- Please read the TTU travel regulations below before purchasing tickets.
- Within 30 days of returning, you must submit a report using the International Travel Fund Trip Report form from above.