International Travel Fund Program
The President and the Office of the Provost have graciously approved supplemental funding to assist TTU faculty with the cost of travelling abroad for making presentations and addresses at conferences, exhibitions, and concerts that are taking place outside of the United States. This funding is administered by the Office of International Affairs (OIA) and is intended to supplement departmental, college and/or other funds available to faculty for the purpose. The award of this funding is contingent upon written consent of department chair/center director AND the Dean of the College.
Download the International Travel Fund Award Application and Trip Report forms.
Guidelines for Application
- Applications are received three times each year as follows:
- February 1 deadline: for travels during March through August
- June 1 deadline: for travels during July through December
- October 1 deadline: for travels during November through April
- By the appropriate deadline, submit the following documents to
Administrative Assistant to the Associate Vice Provost for International Programs,
Office of International Affairs,
601 Indiana Avenue,
Box 45004, Texas Tech University:
- The original and one copy of the completed application using the International Travel Fund Application form from above.
- Invitation to conference and/or letter of acceptance for presentation at the conference. You are welcome to submit a request for funding without the letter of acceptance if you believe that your presentation will be accepted soon after the deadline. Your request may be approved contingent upon your receiving the acceptance letter and forwarding it to OIA.
- Other attachments as necessary.
Policies Governing ITF
- International Travel Application (along with information necessary for Export Control compliance screening) must be submitted in a timely fashion and must be approved prior to travel.
- Because of the limited amount of available funds ($20,000 per year), each award will be limited to a maximum of $1,500 and may only be used for the airfare portion of your trip.
- If you do not use the funds for the specific trip you will need to reapply for future funds-the funds are not automatically carried forward.
- Please read TTU travel regulations before purchasing tickets.
- Within 30 days of returning from the trip, you must submit a trip report using the International Travel Fund Trip Report form from above.