WEPA™ Printing Now Available in Additional Locations
Wireless Everywhere Print Anywhere, is a cloud printing environment that is available across a network of touch-screen printing kiosks. This program brings the latest innovations in distributed printing services to the TTU campus:
- Multiple kiosks are available across campus to allow students to print directly from the ATLC lab computers, Library computers, personal laptops or desktops, and USB flash drives.
- Black and white laser printing is available at all WEPA™ kiosks.
- Customers can install WEPA™ print drivers on personal systems and choose to print their jobs to the cloud then go to the nearest kiosk to print the submitted documents.
- You can also upload documents to the print cloud from anywhere via the WEPA™ website. Once the document is in the cloud, simply go to any WEPA™ kiosk and print.
- Multiple payment options are available, including the Texas Tech University Raider Card system, WEPA™ account, and WEPA™ print cards.
What is WEPA™?
Pronounced wee-pah, WEPA™ is an acronym for "Wireless Everywhere Print Anywhere." WEPA™ is a breakthrough in Wireless Printing Technology. WEPA™ uses "cloud computing" to upload documents and send them via the web to WEPA™ "touch-screen" kiosks where students can then print their documents.
Why was WEPA™ developed?
WEPA™ is a printing service that was developed to meet the needs of schools and students by providing a user-friendly service and convenience that keeps students from being confined to a lab or library – the typical places that printers are found. WEPA™ kiosks can be placed anywhere (labs, libraries, dorms, cafeterias, etc.) to print documents and serve the printing needs of students.
How does it work?
Once registered, a student can upload a document from anywhere that internet service is provided. Then, go to the nearest WEPA™ kiosk and simply login, select method of payment, and print their document. Note: There must be an internet connection to upload documents to WEPA™.
What documents can I print?
You can upload and Print any document to WEPA™ such as PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, Text files, MAC files, or PDF files. You can also print image files from a USB drive.
Registering with WEPA™
WEPA™ registration is tied to your Texas Tech eRaider credentials, and in most cases registration is automatic. To manually register, you will need to visit the WEPA™ website to complete the registration.Registration requires a TTU email address. For TTU guests who do not have a TTU email address, a WEPA™ account can be created by visiting wepanow.com.
Paying for your WEPA™ Printing
Texas Tech University Raider Card:
You may pay for your print at the WEPA™ kiosk at the time of printing using your Raider Card (listed as Campus Card on the kiosk). Students can deposit funds via the TTU ID Office or through the University ID/Raider Card website.
You can print from mobile phones, laptops, desktops, or tablets, as long as you have internet access and the proper drivers installed on your device. After you've registered, drivers for PC and Mac are available on the WEPA™ website members area. Several training videos are available to assist with using WEPA™.
Can I use a "SmartPhone" to send documents to the WEPA™?
Yes. WEPA has released a Apple iOS app and Android app for mobile devices. Install the app for free from your mobile device by searching for the keyword "WEPA Print" from Google play or the app store.
How do I print from my iOS device?
Additionally, owners of an iPad2®, iPhone®, or iTouch® (3rd generation) can now print without installing any software or drivers and get the convenience of WĒPA's network of printing stations. All you need is Internet access and you can use SkyPrint™ to send your documents to the nearest WEPA™ kiosk.
How do I print from my Android device?
Can I print from a USB drive?
Print from your USB Jump-drive at any WEPA™ kiosk fast:
- Once at the WEPA™ kiosk, from the "Welcome" screen select "Print From USB"
- Insert your USB Jump-drive
- Select the file(s) you would like to print
- Select your method of payment
- Print your documents!
Multiple WEPA™ kiosks are available across campus:
- Three WEPA™ kiosks are available in the ATLC Main (West Basement of the University Library building).
- One WEPA™ kiosk is available in the Student Union Building computer lab (West basement of the SUB).
- One WEPA™ kiosk is available in the Media and Communications building (MCOM 363)
- One WEPA™ kiosk is available in Sneed/Gordon/Bledsoe residence hall computer lab.
- One WEPA™ kiosk is available in Coleman residence hall computer lab.
- One WEPA™ kiosk is available in Carpenter/Wells residence hall (second floor of the LDC).
- One WEPA™ kiosk is available on the first floor in the west hallway of the Rawls College of Business.
- One WEPA™ kiosk is available in the basement west hallway of the Rawls College of Business.
- One WEPA™ kiosk is available in the basement of Holden Hall (near room 079).
- Eight WEPA™ kiosks located on first floor of the University Library.
- One WEPA™ kiosk located on second floor of the University Library.
- One WEPA™ kiosk located in Mezzanine of the University Library.
- One WEPA™ kiosk located on the first floor of the Livermore Center.
- One WEPA™ kiosk located on the 2nd floor of the Bob L Herd Department of Petroleum Engineering.