Microsoft Campus Agreement
The Campus Agreement from Microsoft is an annual licensing program designed specifically to address the unique needs of higher education institutions.
The following software is available under this license agreement:
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Virtual PC for Mac (requires G3 or G4)
- Microsoft Windows Upgrade
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer
- Microsoft Vista Upgrade
- Microsoft Expression Web 2.0
Most software is available for download from the eRaider Web site. Microsoft Vista Ultimate Upgrade is not available for download; to purchase a copy, please visit the ATLC.
- Students may purchase disks of Office, Windows 7 Ultimate, and Vista Ultimate.
- Windows XP Professional must be downloaded from the eRaider Web site. Students are not permitted to download Vista Enterprise.
- The student version of Office requires you to register your copy online, by phone, e-mail, or postal mail. You will be prompted to do so and given instructions when you run the software for the first time. You may skip this step if you wish, but the software will only run 50 times before requiring you to register in order to continue.
- Students may continue to use any Microsoft media acquired under the Campus Agreement as long as they are a current TTU student. Upon graduation, please contact Technology Support Licensing to complete a perpetual use form to transfer your license.
Faculty and Staff:
- Faculty and staff may purchase disks of all products.
- In addition, Microsoft allows one copy of the licensed software to be installed on an employee's home or portable computer. This copy may be used only for work-related purposes.
- The Campus Agreement specifies that Work-at-Home use rights is for the term of the agreement. This Campus Agreement only allows for Windows, Office, SharePoint Designer, Vista Ultimate and BackOffice (CAL) to be used for Work-at-Home.
- Work-at-Home versions of software except Vista Ultimate will only run 50 times before requiring you to register in order to continue.
Rules related to the Campus Agreement:
- Keep the special product key in a safe, secure place.
- Do not call Microsoft for technical support. Campus Agreement does not include technical support.
- Do not disclose the special product keys to anyone.
- Do not loan or give your friends or relatives your CDs to install on their computer. This is a direct violation of the Agreement, and you could be held personally liable.