Texas Tech University Staff Senate Scholarship
The Texas Tech University Staff Senate shall exist to contribute to the welfare of the University staff employees; to serve as a liaison among staff, administration, faculty, and students; and to advise the administration in matters affecting the staff. Through these purposes the Staff Senate strives foremost to contribute to the overall success of Texas Tech University.
As put forth in its Mission Statement, the Texas Tech University Staff Senate works for the members of the TTU staff in ways that benefit both staff members and the University as a whole. The Staff Senate strongly supports any staff member who seeks to further their education by taking courses at Texas Tech University. To that end, the Staff Senate established this competitive scholarship to assist those staff members who are enrolled in a course at the University with the expenses that are part of such an endeavor.
This scholarship will be awarded to staff employees each Fall, Spring and Summer semester, and is intended to reimburse the recipient for a portion of their book and fee expenditures. (Recipient is to pay all fees and purchase books in a timely manner, as this scholarship will be awarded after the semester is underway.)
Depending on the number of applicants and available funds, between 10 and 20 scholarships will be awarded each Fall and Spring semester and 10 scholarships will be awarded each Summer (Summer I and Summer II combined)
To be an eligible recipient, an employee must meet all the following criteria:
- Benefits eligible full time staff employee of Texas Tech University as determined by Human Resources
- Employed prior to the start of the semester in which you are applying.
- Be in compliance with current TTU OP regarding enrollment in classes.
- Undergraduates must have a current TTU cumulative GPA of at least 2.75
- Graduate students must have a current TTU cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Enrolled at TTU for the semester in which the scholarship will be awarded
- Complete the entire application
- Signature or electronic signature on application is required
- Staff members are eligible for one Staff Senate Scholarship per 12 month period. You are not eligible if you have received a scholarship in either of the previous two semesters.
Evaluation is based on the following:
- Spelling, grammar, punctuation and articulation of essay
- Discussion of goals and/or area of study
- Spring 2015 Stacy Elliott Scholarship Application Open:
January 5th, 2015
- Spring 2015 Stacy Elliott Scholarship Application Due:
January 21st, 2015
- Staff Senate Scholarship Application Form
- Email completed applications to StaffSenate@ttu.edu.
- Recipients will be announced on January 30th
- This scholarship does not cover the University admission application fee.
- TTU extended study courses are accepted.
- You must apply for each semester to be considered for the scholarship. Applications will not be carried over between semesters.
- Staff member is eligible for one Staff Senate Scholarship per 12-month period.
- Scholarships are awarded to staff members enrolled in courses at Texas Tech University.
- Scholarship applications must be returned by the application deadline.
- Scholarships are awarded on employees payroll check.