The Nextgen Sequencing/Genomics core facility at the Center for Biotechnology and Genomics provides sequencing services to the entire TTU community as well as outside customers.
These services include sequencing library preparation from DNA/RNA, sequencing on Illumina, MiSeq, and NovaSeq 6000 platforms, and primary and secondary data analysis. We also standardize new protocols for sequencing library preparation.
A major component of our service includes student training in Nextgen sequencing and associated Bioinformatics.
- Stranded mRNA-sequencing for both prokaryotes and eukaryotes
- Small RNA sequencing
- Whole genome resequencing
- 16S metagenome sequencing
- Meta-transcriptome sequencing after target depletion
- Sanger sequencing
The Nextgen Sequencing/Genomics Team:
- Dr. Yehia Mechref, CBG Director, Paul W. Horn Professor
- Dr. Mohamed Fokar, Genomics Core Manager, Research Associate Professor
- Dr. Xiaomei Shu, Research Assistant Professor
- Dr. Ruwanthi Wettasinghe, Senior Research Associate
- Shannon Sears, M.A., Business Manager