The Nextgen Sequencing/Genomics core facility at the Center for Biotechnology and Genomics provides sequencing services to the entire TTU community as well as outside customers.
These services include sequencing library preparation from DNA/RNA, sequencing on Illumina, MiSeq, and NovaSeq 6000 platforms, and primary and secondary data analysis. We also standardize new protocols for sequencing library preparation.
A major component of our service includes student training in Nextgen sequencing and associated Bioinformatics.
- Stranded mRNA-sequencing for both prokaryotes and eukaryotes
- Small RNA sequencing
- Single cell sequencing
- Whole genome resequencing
- 16S metagenome sequencing
- Meta-transcriptome sequencing after target depletion
- Primary and secondary data analysis
- Bioinformatics services including data processing, data handling, and figure generation
The Nextgen Sequencing/Genomics Team:
- Dr. Yehia Mechref, CBG Director, Paul W. Horn Distinguished Professor, Robert A. Welch Chair in Chemistry, and Associate Vice President of Research & Innovation
- Dr. Mohamed Fokar, Genomics Core Manager, Research Associate Professor
- Dr. Sunitha Sukumaran, Research Associate Professor
- Dr. Ruwanthi Wettasinghe, Senior Research Associate
- Most Zakia Ferdous Ara Begum, M.S., Research Associate
- Shannon Sears, M.A., Project Manager