The Proteomics/Metabolomics core facility at the Center for Biotechnology and Genomics provides services to the entire TTU community as well as outside customers.
We offer analysis of proteins and metabolites from cells, tissues, or other biological samples using cutting-edge instrumentation and methods.
- Protein IDs by LC-MS/MS and MALDI-TOF/TOF
- Whole proteome profiling from cells, tissue, etc.
- In-gel/in-solution digestion of proteins
- Data analysis using advanced software such as MASCOT, SEQUEST, Compound Discoverer, LipidSearch, and Ingenuity Pathway Analysis (IPA)
- Protein quantification (label-free quantification, tagging)
- Analysis of post-translational modifications in proteins (e.g. phosphorylation)
- Global Metabolite/lipid profiling
- Targeted metabolite analysis (identification and quantification.
- Mass Spectrometers: Q-Exactive HF, LTQ Orbitrap Velos, ABI SCIEX 4800 (MALDI-TOF/TOF)
- LC systems: Dionex-Ultimate 3000 Nano-LC, Vanquish UHPLC, Dionex-Ultimate 3000 with fraction collector for peptide fractionation
The Proteomics/Metabolomics Team
- Dr. Yehia Mechref, CBG Director, Paul W. Horn Professor
- Dr. Masoud Zabet, Mass Spectrometry, Proteomics, and Metabolomics Core Manager, Research Associate Professor
- Dr. Xiaoxia Gong, Research Associate
- Parvin Mirzaei, M.S., Research Associate
- Shannon Sears, M.A., Business Manager