Why study German at TTU?
Are you ready to learn more about Germany, Switzerland, and Austria and their cultures while acquiring highly transferable skills for a variety of careers?
Then study German at TTU! You will gain linguistic, intercultural, and professional skills that will serve you well on the job market and position you to have a positive impact on the communities in which you live and work. Knowing German will create business opportunities for you, and you will be prepared for professional careers at home and abroad. Plus, the German-speaking people you meet will definitely appreciate your effort to learn and speak their language. The German program at TTU equips students with the linguistic proficiency and the deep cultural knowledge that are necessary for effective communication with native speakers of German. Your language learning journey will be well worth it.
At TTU, you can major or minor in German, or you can take a double-major or minor by adding German to your degree plan. We also offer an M.A. in Languages & Cultures with a concentration in German!
Learn more about what you can do with German here!
8 reasons to study German
- Career: A major or minor in German guarantees a competitive edge for college graduates seeking employment at home or abroad.
- Global economy: German is increasingly important for international commerce.
- Business: German is one of the leading languages of the European Union.
- Enhance communication: Develop your abilities to express yourself coherently and competently.
- Cultural understanding: Gain insight into other ways of life and broaden your horizon. Through intercultural comparisons, develop your abilities to think analytically.
- Tourism and hospitality industry: German tourists travel extensively and are the world's biggest spenders when on holiday.
- Science and research: German is the 2nd most commonly used scientific language, and Germany is the 3rd largest contributor to research and development.
- Enjoyment of literature, music, art, and philosophy: Broaden your cultural literacy!
CMLL German Studies
AddressCMLL Building, 2906 18th St, Lubbock, TX 79409