Host an Event
Raider Welcome would not be successful without the support of campus departments and members of the Texas Tech and Lubbock communities.
We know that things are different this year, but we also know that our Red Raiders appreciate and value ALL of the events hosted to welcome them back into our campus community.
The start of a new academic term is no less a fun and exciting time for us all, and we are committed to providing a safe, enriching and welcoming experience for all of our students joining us this semester.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 2, 2020
On matters of public health and safety we take our guidance from the official recommendations of the C.D.C as well as Texas Tech University. We understand our role in ensuring a safe environment for all Raider Welcome Week participants and hosts and will continue to adjust event details to meet the standards set by those officials.
Please continue to monitor our website for any changes to the Raider Welcome schedule as we proceed with event planning.
ALL Raider Welcome Events MUST follow these Campus Events Guidelines.
Campus Events Guidelines
Student Org Quick Guide to Events
- NEW!!!! Due to the circumstance of COVID-19, every potential event Host (department or organization) is required to attend a Raider Welcome Event Training.
- Only On-Campus Departments and Registered Student Organization Events will be listed on the Raider Welcome Calendar.
- Groups must contact event locations directly to secure your space. We encourage you to reserve a location before you submit this form.
- Raider Welcome is NOT an "event" Departments "attend" like a resource fair. Raider Welcome is a marketing opportunity to advertise a welcome event for your department or organization. Your event should be planned and paid for by your department/organization.
Goals of Raider Welcome
Raider Welcome events allow students to learn about and experience the services available to them as members of the Texas Tech community. Programming is designed to help students transition to Texas Tech University while at the same time offering fun, engaging activities that allow them to make personal connections with faculty, staff, current, and new students.
Raider Welcome events complement students' Red Raider Orientation experience, and by the end of the two weeks, students should have the tools they need to start their first semester and make Texas Tech University their new home.
All Raider Welcome Events Must:
- Provide a place for students to meet other students and build a sense of community.
- Offer a variety of programs that meet the diverse interests/needs of the student body.
- Introduce students to the services and opportunities available to them at the University.
- Engage students in the spirit and involvement that is Texas Tech University.
Please note that inclusion on this calendar does not constitute an endorsement from Texas Tech University as an official university-sponsored event.
All Raider Welcome events must fall under one of six event tracks:
- Academic Success
- Wellness & Recreation
- Social Connections
- Culture & Diversity
- Community Involvement
- Tech Traditions
Event Host Training
This training will discuss University Event guidelines and how to appropriately host an event during Raider Welcome. Environmental Health & Safety will be there to and discuss and answer any questions you all have.
If you hosted an event during the Fall 2020 Raider Welcome and attended a training then, you will NOT need to attend a second training.
Raider Welcome Event Trainings will be held on the following dates:
NEW! Wednesday, November 18 – 10:00 pm: CLOSED
NEW! Wednesday, November 18 - 3:00 pm: Register
Monday, December 7 - 11:00 am: Register
All training meetings will be held via Zoom. You will receive the link after registering.
Please note, you are only required to attend ONE of the trainings. The content will be the same for all trainings.
You do NOT have to have your event form submitted to register for the training.
Important dates to keep in mind are:
- November 18, 2020 or December 7, 2020: Event Host Training
- December 2, 2020: Event Submission Deadline
- January 14-23, 2021: Winter Raider Welcome
- January 13, 2021: First Day of Class
Submit An Event
If your group would like to host an event during Raider Welcome, please complete our online Event Submission Form.
Student Org Quick Guide to Events
Need Help Reserving a Space?
- Academic Buildings
- Student Union Building
- Outdoor Space
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Microsoft TEAMS
University Policies & Procedures
- Campus Events Guidelines
- Student Org Quick Guide to Events
- Grounds Use
- Risk Management
- Environmental Health & Safety