Host an Event
On matters of public health and safety we take our guidance from the official recommendations of the C.D.C as well as Texas Tech University. We understand our role in ensuring a safe environment for all Raider Welcome Week participants and hosts and will continue to adjust event details to meet the standards set by those officials.
Please continue to monitor our website for any changes to the Raider Welcome schedule as we proceed with event planning.
Every potential event Host (department or organization) is required to attend a Raider Welcome Event Training. Read more and register.
Raider Welcome has been expanded to start on August 8 and will still continue to August 29.
Student Affairs and Auxiliary Services have released guidance for hosting on-campus meetings, events, and programs. Implementation of these public health guidelines for on-campus events will help keep our university and community safer, limiting the spread of COVID-19. All Raider Welcome Events MUST follow these Campus Events Guidelines.
Campus Events Guidelines
Raider Welcome would not be successful without the support of campus departments and members of the Texas Tech and Lubbock communities. Last year, students attended more than 150 different Raider Welcome events. We are looking for even more events that will allow students to engage with one another and learn more about various campus departments.
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 1, 2020
- NEW!!!! Due to the circumstance of COVID-19, every potential event Host (department or organization) is required to attend a Raider Welcome Event Training.
- Only On-Campus Departments and Registered Student Organization Events will be listed on the Raider Welcome Calendar.
- Groups must contact event locations directly to secure your space. We encourage you to reserve a location before you submit this form.
- Raider Welcome is NOT an "event" Departments "attend" like a resource fair. Raider Welcome is a marketing opportunity to advertise a welcome event for your department or organization. Your event should be planned and paid for by your department/organization.
Goals of Raider Welcome
Raider Welcome events allow students to learn about and experience the services available to them as members of the Texas Tech community. Programming is designed to help students transition to Texas Tech University while at the same time offering fun, engaging activities that allow them to make personal connections with faculty, staff, current, and new students.
Raider Welcome events complement students' Red Raider Orientation experience, and by the end of the two weeks, students should have the tools they need to start their first semester and make Texas Tech University their new home.
All Raider Welcome Events Must:
- Provide a place for students to meet other students and build a sense of community.
- Offer a variety of programs that meet the diverse interests/needs of the student body.
- Introduce students to the services and opportunities available to them at the University.
- Engage students in the spirit and involvement that is Texas Tech University.
Please note that inclusion on this calendar does not constitute an endorsement from Texas Tech University as an official university-sponsored event.
All Raider Welcome events must fall under one of six event tracks:
- Academic Success
- Wellness & Recreation
- Social Connections
- Culture & Diversity
- Community Involvement
- Tech Traditions
Important dates to keep in mind are:
- July 23 or August 4: Raider Welcome Event Host Training
- August 1: Event Submission Deadline
- August 8-29: Raider Welcome 2020 *Extended time frame
- August 24: First Day of Class
This training will discuss University Event guidelines and how to appropriately host an event during Raider Welcome. Environmental Health & Safety will be there to and discuss and answer any questions you all have.
Raider Welcome Event Trainings will be held on the following dates:
- July 23 – 11:00 AM
- July 23 – 3:00 PM
- August 4 – 11:00 AM
- August 4 – 3:00 PM
All training meetings will be held via Zoom. You will receive the link after registering.
Please note, you are only required to attend ONE of the trainings. The content will be the same through the four trainings.
You do not have to have your event form submitted to register for the training.
Submit An Event
If your group would like to host an event during Raider Welcome, please complete our online Event Submission Form.
Need Help Reserving a Space?
- Academic Buildings
- Student Union Building
- Outdoor Space
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Microsoft TEAMS
University Policies & Procedures