Host an Event
Raider Welcome would not be successful without the support of campus departments and members of the Texas Tech and Lubbock communities.
We know that things are different this year, but we also know that our Red Raiders appreciate and value ALL of the events hosted to welcome them back into our campus community.
The start of a new academic term is no less a fun and exciting time for us all, and we are committed to providing a safe, enriching and welcoming experience for all of our students joining us this semester.
August 2, 2021egarding Covid-19:
Please note: University Policies & Procedures as they relate to Grounds Use, Risk Management, and Environmental Health & Safety (Food Permits) should still be followed and events that violate these policies will be removed from the Raider Welcome calendar.
- Only On-Campus Departments and Registered Student Organization Events will be listed on the Raider Welcome Calendar.
- Groups must contact event locations directly to secure your space. We encourage you to reserve a location before you submit this form.
- Raider Welcome is NOT an "event" Departments "attend" like a resource fair. Raider Welcome is a marketing opportunity to advertise a welcome event for your department or organization. Your event should be planned and paid for by your department/organization.
Goals of Raider Welcome
Raider Welcome events allow students to learn about and experience the services available to them as members of the Texas Tech community. Programming is designed to help students transition to Texas Tech University while at the same time offering fun, engaging activities that allow them to make personal connections with faculty, staff, current, and new students.
Raider Welcome events complement students' Red Raider Orientation experience, and by the end of the two weeks, students should have the tools they need to start their first semester and make Texas Tech University their new home.
All Raider Welcome Events Must:
- Provide a place for students to meet other students and build a sense of community.
- Offer a variety of programs that meet the diverse interests/needs of the student body.
- Introduce students to the services and opportunities available to them at the University.
- Engage students in the spirit and involvement that is Texas Tech University.
Please note that inclusion on this calendar does not constitute an endorsement from Texas Tech University as an official university-sponsored event.
All Raider Welcome events must fall under one of six event tracks:
- Academic Success
- Wellness & Recreation
- Social Connections
- Culture & Diversity
- Community Involvement
- Tech Traditions
Important dates to keep in mind are:
- May 4, 2021: Priority Event Submission Deadline
- May 27, 2021: Online Schedule Published
- August 2, 2021: FINAL Event Submission Deadline
- August 11-28, 2021: Raider Welcome (Residence Hall Move-In - First Week of Classes)
- August 23, 2021: First Day of Class
Submit An Event
If your group would like to host an event during Raider Welcome, please complete our online Event Submission Form.