We offer a variety of features and amenities year-round from:
- Leisure Pool
- Come float the lazy river.
- Sunbathing available on our recently rennovated three-tier wet deck.
- We also offer an eight lane pool for lap swimming.
- Soak in our 25 person spa!
- Aquatic Center
- 50-meter end-to-end length
- 25-yard lap lanes at varying depths
- Our shallow end contians: a basketball hoop, climbing wall and popular for group fitness classes!
UREC Aquatics Facilities
The tabs below offer more details about our facilities and other relevant information regarding UREC Aquatics.
The Aquatic Center at Texas Tech University Recreation allows the department to maintain an open pool facility year-round. The facility is now entirely indoors and is covered by one of the largest air-supported structures in the world, newly replaced in the summer of 2012. The facility boasts a 50-meter end-to-end length, as well as standard 25-yard lap lanes at varying depths. The large shallow end of the pool contains a basketball hoop, climbing wall and is a popular spot for group fitness classes.
During the summer, the Aquatic Center is used exclusively as an instruction space, and is not open to the public.
Facilities & Features
- Lazy River
- Wet Deck
- Sunbathing on the deck
- Deep Well
- Splash Pad - Operational during family hours
- Innertubes and mats for the Lazy River are available. Reminder, lifejackets and user inflatables must be US Coast Guard approved
You Can Rent the Leisure Pool for Your Special Occasion!
We have our Cove and Stage areas available for rental use during our operational hours
- The Cove can hold up to 25 people.
- The Stage can hold up to 50 people.
Can I rent the entire facility?
Yes, we also have availability to rent the entire facility outside of normal operational hours.
Interested in having a party with us?
Go to our rentals page and fill out our online form to start your rental inquiry.
Can I get a membership or guest/day pass?
Summer Memberships are available!
- Please vist our membership page or stop by the Membership Office: Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Guest/Day Passes will be sold to all eligible individuals (Check our policies page for eligibility)
- Admission will be charged for all individuals entering the facility. If a member needs to bring in more than 4 guests, please contact the Main Office (806-742-3351) at least one day in advance to make arrangements.
|Children (3 and under)||Free|
- Tuesdays | 4:00PM - 6:00PM
- Thursdays | 4:00PM - 6:00PM
- Fridays | 4:00PM - 6:00PM
- Saturdays | 10:00AM - 1:00PM
- Sundays | 12:00PM - 3:00PM
For all hours, please navigate to our hours page.
Questions and Comments
For complete policy information, please click here.