Aquatics Daily Hours
For today's hours, please navigate to our hours page.
The Leisure Pool Lazy River and Deck Space Have Re-Opened!
What is now open?
Facilities & Features
All pre-COVID features will be available at the Leisure Pool. Our full list of features and amenities are below.
- Sunbathing on the deck
- Wet Deck
- Lazy River
- Splash Pad - operational during family hours only
- Deep Well - Open Monday - Friday 2:00pm - close and all day on Saturday and Sunday
- Innertubes and mats for the Lazy River will be available starting on Friday, May 21. Reminder, lifejackets and user inflatables must be US Coast Guard approved.
As of May 19, 2021, Texas Tech University has lifted mask and social distancing guidelines. The current guidelines read as such:
Per a directive from Texas Tech System Chancellor Tedd Mitchell, an executive order by Governor Greg Abbott, and recent guidance from the CDC, Texas Tech University will be revising our campus COVID-19 protocols. Effective immediately, all protocols outlined in the Texas Tech Commitment will be lifted, including the mandatory face-covering policy. Face coverings will now be optional. For those who have not been vaccinated, face coverings are highly recommended to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Occupancy, Lap Swimming and Family Hours
Effective May 20th, 2021:
- We will no longer offer lane reservations or bookings.
- We being operating at 100% occupancy. Please visit our facility counter for the current capacity numbers.
- Our occupancy limit will not exceed 400 persons, even during family hours.
- Once we reach capacity, we will operate on a 1 in/1 out policy.
Effective May 18th, 2021 we will be altering our lap swim process.
To best utilize our lane space, please follow the below guidelines for lap swimming. TWO swimmers per lane should be an expectation during your swim. Please enter/exit and rest between sets at opposite ends of the pool, when possible.
- If there's an empty lane, swim in the north half of the lane, nearest the Student Rec Center (SRC).
- If there isn't TWO swimmers to a lane, swim in open side of your lane.
- Avoid resting in the center of the lane or at the center of the wall.
- Avoid using wide strokes or back strokes unless you can swim in a straight line.
- Be considerate of others and communicate with your lane buddy and the lifeguards, as appropriate.
These policies will be enforced inside the Aquatic Center as well.
- Tuesdays | 4:00pm - Close
- Thursdays | 4:00pm - Close
- Fridays | 4:00pm - Close
- Saturdays | 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Sundays | Noon - Close
Hours are subject to change, please visit our hours page for regular updates and to see today's hours.
Call the Leisure Pool at 806-742-1339 during open hours.
You Can Rent the Leisure Pool for Your Special Occasion!
We have our Cove and Stage areas available for rental use during our operational hours.
The Cove can hold up to 25 people
The Stage can hold up to 50 people
Can I rent the entire facility?
We also have availability to rent the entire facility outside of normal operational hours.
Interested in having a party with us?
Go to our rentals page and fill out our online form to start your rental inquiry!
Can I get a Membership or Guest/Day Pass?
Summer Memberships are available!
Please visit our membership page or stop by the Membership Office Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 6:00pm.
Guest/ Day Passes will be sold to all eligible individuals (Check our policies page for elegibility)
Adults (17+) | $10.00 per day
Children (4 - 16) | $5.00 per day
Children (3 and under) | Free
Admission will be charged for all individuals entering the facility. If a member needs to bring in more than 4 guests, please contact the Main Office (806-742-3351) at least one day in advance to make arrangements.
When will the Aquatic Center & Leisure Pool be available?
Our hours for lap swimming will be at the following days and times. Subject to change on University holidays, please check our hours page for updates
The Aquatic Center at Texas Tech University Recreation allows the department to maintain an open pool facility year-round. The facility is now entirely indoors and is covered by one of the largest air-supported structures in the world, newly replaced in the summer of 2012. The facility boasts a 50-meter end-to-end length, as well as standard 25-yard lap lanes at varying depths. The large shallow end of the pool contains a basketball hoop, climbing wall and is a popular spot for group fitness classes.
During the summer, the Aquatic Center is used exclusively as an instruction space, and is not open to the public.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions or comments about our re-opening process, please fill our our contact form and we will respond as soon as we can.
For complete policies information, Please Click Here.