We offer a variety of features and amenities year-round from:
- Aquatic Center (open now!)
- 50-meter end-to-end length
- 25-yard lap lanes at varying depths
- Our shallow end contains: a basketball hoop, climbing wall and is popular for group fitness classes!
- Leisure Pool (will reopen April 2023)
- Come float the lazy river.
- Sunbathing available on our recently renovated three-tier wet deck.
- We also offer an eight lane pool for lap swimming.
- Soak in our 25 person spa!
Food & Beverage Policy:
On a restricted basis, Texas Tech University Recreation allows patrons to bring their own food and beverages into our facilities. As our guest, you have three options for consuming food and beverage at our aquatic facilities. You may:
- Bring your own food and beverages within the restrictions listed below.
2. While the outdoor Leisure Pool is open, utilize the on-site concessionaire, Sam's Poolside.
3. Use the vending machines, which are located inside the Rec Center on the 2nd floor.
NOTE: This policy covers public swim hours only. Private rentals will not have access to Sam's Poolside after regular hours, will still need to follow the policies outlined below.
- No alcohol or glass containers are allowed.
- Beverages include:
- Non-flavored/non-carbonated water in sealed, plastic bottles is preferred. However, other liquids (ice tea, coffee, soda) will be allowed.
- Sealed, single-serving juice boxes or pouches.
- Formula/baby food.
- Items necessary for medical purposes.
- Bags and coolers are permitted in the facility and are subject to inspection by UREC staff.
UREC Aquatics Facilities
The tabs below offer more details about our facilities and other relevant information regarding UREC Aquatics.
The Aquatic Center at Texas Tech University Recreation allows the department to maintain an open pool facility year-round. The facility is now entirely indoors and is covered by one of the largest air-supported structures in the world, newly replaced in the summer of 2012. The facility boasts a 50-meter end-to-end length, as well as standard 25-yard lap lanes at varying depths. The large shallow end of the pool contains a basketball hoop, climbing wall and is a popular spot for group fitness classes.
During the summer, the Aquatic Center is not available for open swim. This space is used exclusively for instruction-based classes.
Facilities & Features
- Lazy River
- Wet Deck
- Sunbathing on the deck
- Deep Well
- Splash Pad - Operational during family hours
- Innertubes and mats for the Lazy River are available. Reminder, lifejackets and user inflatables must be US Coast Guard approved
The Leisure Pool has closed for renovations, rentals will be available again April 2023!
Fore informational purposes, we offer two rental packages: Cove and Stage. These packages are only available for rental use during regular operational hours.
- The Cove package is offered in a 2-hour block with a maximum of 25 attendees*. ($300)
- The Stage package is offered in a 2-hour time block with a maximum of 50 attendees*. ($500)
*Attendees: guests who are a part of your rental (swimmers & non-swimmers).
Can I rent the entire facility?
Yes, this option is only available after hours. Please fill out the rental request online form to start the process!
Interested in renting space in the Aquatic Center?
Please fill out the rental request form here to start the process!
Can I get a membership or guest/day pass?
We currently have guest (day) passes, monthly membership and annual memberships available.
- Please t our membership page or stop by the Membership Office: Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesdays | 4:00PM - 7:30PM
- Thursdays | 4:00PM - 7:30PM
- Fridays | 4:00PM - 7:30PM
- Saturdays | 10:00AM - 2:00PM
- Sundays | 12:00PM - 7:00PM
For all hours, please navigate to our hours page.
Questions and Comments
For a complete listing of facility policies, please click here.