Robert H. Ewalt Student Recreation Center
University Recreation would like to welcome every student, faculty and staff member to our facility! We look forward to serving you with top-notch facilities and programming!
Student Rec Center Mask and Social Distancing Policy
As of May 19, 2021, Texas Tech University has lifted mask and social distancing guidelines. The current guidelines read as such:
Per a directive from Texas Tech System Chancellor Tedd Mitchell, an executive order by Governor Greg Abbott, and recent guidance from the CDC, Texas Tech University will be revising our campus COVID-19 protocols. Effective immediately, all protocols outlined in the Texas Tech Commitment will be lifted, including the mandatory face-covering policy. Face coverings will now be optional. For those who have not been vaccinated, face coverings are highly recommended to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The Student Rec Center will operate at 100% capacity. For our current facility usage, we have a live counter available at: TTU UREC Counter
The Leisure Pool is now open for all users! For more information, please click here.
Hours of Operation
Please check our daily hours by going to: University Recreation Hours Website
How to Register for a Program
There are still many programs available for registration. Below is a quick guide on how to register online for programs like CrossFit, swim classes, outdoor trips and events and more!
Texas Tech Students
Please log into http://register.recsports.ttu.edu using your eRaider username and password. Once logged in, you can reserve a spot in one of our programs.
Texas Tech Faculty and Staff Members
Please log into https://register.recsports.ttu.edu using your eRaider username and password. Once logged in, you can reserve a spot in one of our programs.
If you have an existing online portal username and password: Please log into https://register.recsports.ttu.edu using your existing username and password. Once logged in, you can reserve a spot in one of our programs.
Don't have an existing username and password?
Make sure you have your University Recreation Membership card available, as you will need your membership number (located on the bottom front of your card) for the membership registration.
Go to https://register.recsports.ttu.edu/Account/Register to create your online University Recreation Portal Account. In the ID Number field, please use your membership number from your University Recreation ID card.
You will still need your Texas Tech ID card to enter the building.
Once you are in the Building
- Per University directives, all areas will operate at 100% capacity.
- Pickleball will only be available on the weekends (Friday at 5:00p until Sunday at closing) by request on Basketball Court 8. The court will switch between pickleball and volleyball depending on the demand.
- The basketball courts are open.
- The Indoor Soccer Court is available for drop in use.
- Badminton is only available on the weekends (setup at 5:30p on Friday and taken down at closing on Sunday) on Basketball Court 3.
- Racquetball is available on Racquetball Courts 5 - 10.
- Table tennis is available in the Lounge on our top level.
- Volleyball is available on Basktball Court 8.
- The Boxing Room is open.
- Rooms and Classrooms such as 114, 121, 201, 208 and 209 are available for drop-in use.
- Water bottle fill stations are available.
- The saunas in the Men's and Women's Locker Rooms are open.
What Not to Expect
Sweat Towels and shower towels will not be available. Please bring your own.
Use our online question form at http://www.depts.ttu.edu/urec/contact.phpand we will be happy to answer your question!