The purpose of the WGS Ambassador Program is for WGS minors to increase their engagement with the WGS, to promote the WGS program and to offer ideas to keep improving the program. A WGS Ambassador is a visible leader and a strong liaison for WGS and for TTU.
Ambassadors will be required to attend a meeting with the Ambassador Coordinator, every other week during the semester. We will work with your class and extracurricular schedule in order for you to fulfill the meeting requirements. During this time you will be working on various projects related to the office's mission, creating promotional materials, and developing outreach plans to increase the visibility of Women's and Gender Studies and the enrollment of minors.
• Must be a declared an Undergraduate or a Graduate Student in WGS
• Minimum of a 3.00 GPA
• Attend semi-monthly meeting
• Attend a minimum of 3 WGS events/ programs in the capacity of an Ambassador
* The Annual WGS Conference will be mandatory, the other 2 events will be chosen from a list of events for the given semester
• Ambassadors will be expected to participate in publicizing the WGS minor through, for example, classroom visitations in addition to event requirements
• Ambassadors are encouraged to bring their individual skills and ideas to the program!
• Anticipated time-commitment: a total of approximately 16 hours per semester (Fall/Spring) Summer hours may increase pending RRO Resource Fair needs
Complete the application today for next semester!
- What is Women's Studies?
- What are cross-listed courses?
- What Practical Skills Will I Learn?
- How will these classes help me get a job?
- Can courses count from other Schools? (See Transfer Student)
- What classes do Women's Studies Minors take?
- What classes do graduate students in Women's Studies Take?
- Who do I talk to if I want to Minor or earn the Certificate?
- What Can I Do with this Minor?
- What are other students saying about Women's Studies?
- How can faculty be more involved?
- How can students be more involved?
- What are some student organizations that WS collaborates with?
Degree Plan Questions
Don't see your question? Submit one here: email@example.com
Please include "Ask Women's Studies" in the subject line so that your question can be found.
- AY 2020-2021
- AY 2019-2020