The Ambassadors are leaders and liaisons for Women's and Gender Studies and for Texas Tech University. The Ambassadors are selected based on grades, character, communication, and enthusiasm for the program. They promote the WGS minor and encourage engagement by working closely with their Ambassador Coordinator.
Ambassadors will be required to attend a meeting with the Ambassador Coordinator, every other week during the semester. We will work with your class and extracurricular schedule in order for you to fulfill the meeting requirements. During this time you will be working on various projects related to the office's mission, creating promotional materials, and developing outreach plans to increase the visibility of Women's and Gender Studies and the enrollment of minors.
• Must be a declared an Undergraduate or a Graduate Student in WGS
• Minimum of a 3.00 GPA
• Attend planning meetings
• Attend a minimum of 5 WGS events/ programs per semester in the capacity of an Ambassador
* The Annual WGS Conference will be mandatory, the other 4 events will be chosen from a list of events for the given semester
• Ambassadors will be expected to participate in publicizing the WGS minor through, for example, classroom visitations in addition to event requirements
• Ambassadors are encouraged to bring their individual skills and ideas to the program!
• Anticipated time-commitment: a total of approximately 16 hours per semester (Fall/Spring) Summer hours may increase pending RRO Resource Fair needs
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to apply.