How to Request Events
Open "How to Request Events" in a full window
- Click on the Events tab.
- Click on Event Request.
- You will be redirected to the Event Request Wizard.
- Select the event form you would like to use.
- Academic Events: Use this form for events such as Reviews,
Make-up Exams, Speakers, Course Related Films, Etc.
- Conference Rooms: Conference rooms that are centrally scheduled through ASFR: Administration 008, 244 and DTCNTR 212.
- IT Computer Labs: Computer labs scheduled and
maintained by ITTS: MCOM 363
- Student Organizations: Registered student organizations must use this request form.
- Law School Events: All requests for rooms in the Law School must use this form.
- Law Student Organizations: Law student organizations must use this request form for rooms in Law or Lanier.
- Rawls College of Business Admin Reservations Only: Used to request event in the new Rawls College of Business Administration building. Note: Currently restricted to internal events only. Student organizations associated with the college ma y have their advisor submit events through this form on their behalf.
- Click Next.
Fill out the information requested in the form. Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields.
Some users have encountered errors when selecting
their name from the pull-down menu. In the event request form.
If such an error is received while attempting to save an event, the error
can be alleviated by performing the following steps:
Select User, Unknown
from the pull-down menu
the blank space to the right of the pulldown
3. Select your name from
4. After verifying the
other fields in the request form, click Submit to submit the event request
- In order to add meetings, provide a name for the meeting(s), and select the applicable meeting type from the pull-down menu.
Note:Event Names and Meeting Names can be different if you are scheduling a large event. The Event Name describes the entire event. The Meeting Name s describes the individual sessions. If the Meeting Name is different than the Event Name, make this change during this step.
- Event Name – Red Raider Orientation
- Meeting Names – Welcome Session, Advising, Registration, etc.
- Designate start and end times for your meeting(s). Select the desired meeting date(s) from the calendar. Click
Create. Your meeting will then appear to the right under the
Meetings tab. Note: If more than one date is selected, a meeting group is created, and a meeting group name will be requested.
Note: If you select dates/times that occur on a university holiday, Independent Study Day, or Final Exam dates, a Holiday Conflicts box will display, notating which meeting(s) can not be scheduled due to Holiday conflicts.
- If your meetings have a recurring pattern, click the Recurring tab.
Under Meeting Recurrence, you can choose the times,
Day Pattern, and Date Range . Under the
Day Pattern, you have the option of Daily,
Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly. The
Day Pattern will change based on which option you choose. The selected time will apply to all meetings in the pattern. Click
Create once the desired recurrence has been set.
Note: Spanning should not be used when requesting events. This option reserves a room for multiple days without a break in between, including overnight hours when the university is closed. Use the Recurring tab when selecting multiple days in a pattern.
- Once the meetings have been added, click the check box directly under the
Assign Rooms button to select all meetings. If you would like to request a room only for specific meetings, click the check box next to the meeting you wish to assign a room. Click
Assign Rooms. To delete meetings, click the checkbox next to the applicable meeting and press
- The Assign Rooms screen will generate and show a list of rooms as
Available or Unavailable. If a room is Unavailable it cannot be selected. Click on the room name or
Available to select the room(s) preferred. The meeting will turn green and show as
Selected. Use the plus (+) signs on the Room, Score, and Meetings tabs for more details. Expanding the meetings tab will also allow you see what meetings have conflicts, if one is noted.
Note: You can set a filter based on a building, features and/or room capacity. Click on the plus sign (+) next to the filter you wish to set and place a checkmark next to your selections.
- If the meeting dates and times need to be amended, you can click Cancel and return to the previous screen.
- If you need additional details about a room, hover your curser over the room details icon and the
Room Details will pop-up.
- Click OK.
- You will be returned to the event request form. Any information that was not previously completed should be filled in.
- Click Save at the top left of the screen to submit your request.
If you attempt to submit the request without completing all required fields, you will receive an error message and the incomplete field will be underlined in red and will display a red error icon.
- Once you have successfully submitted your request, you will receive notification your event request has been completed.
- After an event request has been submitted, you can view the details and status by clicking on the
Events tab and selecting "Yes" next to My Events for the desired
Time Period. See the How to Review My Events FAQ for detailed instructions.