Step 1: Begin planning your course or conference months ahead. This is especially crucial if you plan to apply for supplemental program funding through grants or corporate sponsorships.
Step 2: Set the tentative dates, time, and location, and other details of your program.
- Date, time, and place of registration.
- Course or conference fees.
- Registration deadlines for early bird discounts, late fees, authors, etc.
- Elective items: Special events, meals, tours.
Step 3: To obtain the most effective service through our office, contact our office within the following time frame:
- Short Courses: 6 to 9 months prior to the proposed date.
- National Conferences: 12-15 months prior to the proposed date.
- International Conferences: 18 – 36 months prior to the proposed date.
Step 4: Develop a preliminary budget giving consideration to the following items:
- Expected attendance.
- Course or conference registration fees.
- Early bird discounts, late fees.
- Sponsor income.
- Vendor income.
- Type of facilities and Equipment desired. NOTE: This MUST be reserved prior to entering the event in EventRegistration Services.
- Speaker Honoraria and Travel.
- Costs for Special Events such as welcome receptions, awards banquets, field trips and tours, social gatherings,and committee meetings.