Open this question in a full window
If all of the following are true, then the movie does not have to be in the public domain and/or viewing rights do not have to be purchased:
- the movie is shown during class (or at another time scheduled by the professor which is listed on the syllabus);
- the viewing is restricted to only registered students in that class;
- the movie serves educational purposes;
- there is no charge for admission; and
- the viewing is not advertised in any venue, such as the TechAnnounce.