You are invited as a graduate and friend of the Texas Tech University Center for the Integration of STEM Education & Research (CISER) program. For the past twenty two years, over 500 students as TTU Fellows and Scholars have had their lives forever changed by the Science Education Program @ CISER.
This program has consistently helped produce the best and brightest students (YOU are one!) at Texas Tech University, encouraging them to be interested and engaged in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) fields and authentic research/teaching experiences; presenting and publishing their work. The TTU Program @ CISER has brought together students across many disciplines, giving them substantial support to engage in peer leadership and professional development opportunities with TTU staff, students and faculty mentors, fostering career success and life-long friendships.
In 2014 we learned that we would not receive future financial support from Howard Hughes Medical Institute for our program. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have had the financial stability for as long as we did, but understand the program goals of the granting agency has changed. This new direction for HHMI, spurs us to do the same. We are reaching out to you now to implore you to help give back and stabilize this program as we continue our quest for alternate funding. Learn about how how CISER has enhanced undergraduate education through research.
To learn about ways to give, visit here.
Please consider donating a generous one-time or annual gift that will go a long way to help support future classes of undergraduate Scholars. Your gift will be tax-deductible. Please check with your employer as many corporations have matching gift programs. The impact of your gift may be doubled or possibly tripled! We also have naming options for Scholar salary or travel support. Our first fund raising campaign success is the new TTU Horn Professor Undergraduate Research Scholar @ CISER.
As Texas Tech University continues in their pursuit of Tier One status, programs such as CISER's are paramount in recruiting, retaining and preparing the best and brightest students to be the leaders of tomorrow. Please help us in continuing to provide a program that will continue to have a substantial impact on future generations of Tech students and our university.
Please let us know when you are in town, we would love to see you and enjoy keeping in touch. Contact us if you have questions, ideas to share or if we can help you in any way. As we like to say, "Once a Scholar, always a Scholar!"
- Alumni and current Scholars, faculty, and staff at the TTU Junction Campus Research Retreat
- Scholars work year round with STEM faculty mentors and teachers with the goal of presenting at local, regional and national professional meetings and publishing their research in peer reviewed journals.
- The Scholar Service Organization (SSO) involves Scholars in projects like the community-wide Hike 4 Health, TTU Research Carnival, Scholar Research Forum, Research Retreats, tutoring programs and involvement in K-12 schools.
- CISER's Science Education Outreach Program for pre-service and in-service teachers has a major positive impact upon K-12 education in the schools of Region XVII, the state and nation.
- Scholars are award-winning leaders at Texas Tech and continue to excel as stellar TTU alumni, who are often involved with CISER as mentors, teachers and supporters of the program.
Payment Information for Donations
Make checks payable to Texas Tech Foundation, Inc.
Memo Line- CISER
Mail gifts to:
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409