- The Clark Scholar Program: The Clark Scholar Program is an intensive seven week summer research program for
highly qualified high school juniors and seniors..
- Cool Science for Curious Kids: The Howard Hughes Medical Institute invites curious kids to explore biology… on screen,
off screen, and in between.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute: HHMI Home Page
- IDEAL: IDEAL offers distinctive academic enrichment programs to high-achieving children
in grades K-12 to promote academic excellence, citizenship, leadership, diversity,
and appreciation of the arts. Programs include Super Saturdays, Caprock CSI, Shake
Hands With Your Future, and Science: It’s a Girl Thing. Students from outside the
Lubbock area are encouraged to attend Shake Hands With Your Future summer camps and
Science: It’s a Girl Thing. On-campus housing is included in the tuition for Science:
It’s a Girl Thing. Each student has one roommate, and a counselor is assigned to every
eight to 10 girls. For Shake Hands With Your Future summer camps, housing is optional,
and arranged by age and gender, generally with 10 students per counselor. For both
programs, three meals daily are served in the dining halls. For more information on
programs offered by IDEAL, e-mail or call (806) 742-2420.
- JAMP – The Joint Admission Medical Program: JAMP is a program created by Senate Bill 940 of the 77th Texas Legislature. It provides
services to support and encourage academically highly qualified economically disadvantaged
students pursuing a medical education. It provides admission of those students who
satisfy both academic and non-academic requirements to at least one participating
medical school. It is a unique partnership formed between Texas students, undergraduate
institutions and medical schools in Texas.
- SACNAS: TTU Chapter: Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science Texas Tech
- The Symphony of Science is a musical project by John Boswell designed to deliver scientific knowledge and
philosophy in musical form. Here you can watch music videos, download songs, read
lyrics and find links relating to the messages conveyed by the music.
- T-STEM Center: T-STEM stands for Texas Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. T-STEM
is part of a State of Texas initiative designed to motivate and prepare more K-12
students for careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- TTU Department of Biological Sciences: Explore your passions in biological sciences at Texas Tech University!
- TTU College of Education: Providing degree and certification programs for both undergraduate and graduate students
who plan careers in education is the primary focus of the College of Education. For
many individuals, this means a future in teaching. We support educational research
and provide leadership for community school districts and educational agencies.
- The Teaching, Learning, & Professional Development Center (TLPDC): aka The Teaching, Learning, and Technology Center (TLTC). This new name reflects
our primary mission and focus on teaching and learning, while the professional development
wording emphasizes a broader vision for the center and the move toward future collaborations
with other areas on campus to provide more development opportunities for staff, faculty,
- WISE (The Web-based Inquiry Science Environment): WISE is a simple yet powerful learning environment where students examine real-world
evidence and analyze current scientific controversies. Our curriculum projects are
designed to meet standards and complement your current science curriculum, and your
grade 5-12 students will find them exciting and engaging. A web browser is all they
need to take notes, discuss theories, and organize their arguments… they can even
work from home! Our Teacher Area lets you explore new projects and grade your students’
work on the Web. Best of all, everything in WISE is completely free.