College Connect believes the pursuit of higher education should be accessible to all students. Our goal is to provide the K-12 community with access points into higher education through programming and scholarship. We support the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion's mission in promoting student diversity by exposing K-12 students to diverse cultural, economic, social, and academic backgrounds. Our students learn how to actively listen, communicate, and respect others; developing into upstanding leaders in their communities.
College Connect programming includes:
- Coordinating on and off-campus visits for schools and non-affiliated Texas Tech University organizations
- Participating in Lubbock community events
- Hosting the Texas Alliance for Minorities in Engineering (TAME) area event
- Following up with summer participants and their interest in TTU
- Organizing residential summer camps