Cameron C. Brown, Ph.D.
Phone: (806) 834-2481
Dr. Brown's developing program of research is focused on understanding romantic relationship dynamics. Within this focus, he primarily studies two areas—sexuality and chronic disease. He seeks to understand these areas to provide systemic, clinical guidance to helping professionals encountering these topics with populations they are serving.vita
- Brown, C. C., Barros-Gomes, P., Smith-Marek, E. N., Cafferky, B., & Stith, S. M. (in press). The contextual role of depression within couples experiencing partner violence. Journal of Couple & Relationship Therapy.
- Brown, C. C., Conner, S., & Vennum, A. (2017). Sexual attitudes of classes of pornography users. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, 20, 463-469.
- Knapp, A. E., Knapp, D. J., Brown, C. C., & Larson, J. H. (2017). Conflict resolution styles as mediators of female child sexual abuse experience and heterosexual couple relationship satisfaction and stability in adulthood. Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, 26, 58-77.
- Brown, C. C., Durtschi, J. A., Carroll, J. S., & Willoughby, B. J. (2017). Understanding and predicting classes of college students who use pornography. Computers in Human Behavior, 66, 114-121.
- Brown, C. C., Carroll, J. S., Yorgason, J. B., Willoughby, B. J., Busby, D. M., & Larson, J. H. (2016). A common-fate analysis of pornography acceptance, use, and sexual satisfaction among heterosexual married couples. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 46, 575-584.
- Willoughby, B. J., Carroll, J. S., Busby, D. M., & Brown, C. C. (2016). Differences in pornography use among couples: Associations with satisfaction, stability, and relationship processes. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 45, 145-158.