Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy Ph.D.
Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy Doctoral Degree
Our Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy Ph.D. degree gives you the knowledge and tools to change lives for the better.
Texas Tech University's Ph.D. program in Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy provides you with superior training in clinical practice and research methodology.
You will develop the expertise to conduct high-quality research, offer advanced family counseling services, and teach at the university level. Graduates of our couple, marriage, and family therapy Ph.D. program have an excellent record of success in the academic job market, earning faculty positions at universities and colleges throughout the United States.
Widely known for its supportive culture and rigorous academics, our Ph.D. program enjoys a strong reputation for professionalism and high standards of scholarship. The program excels for its:
- Strong clinical focus. You will get extensive first-hand experience in Texas Tech's campus based-Family Therapy Clinic, leading therapy sessions for couples, families, and individuals. Experienced faculty therapists will supervise your work and offer guidance, mentorship, and instruction.
- Professional preparation. Our Ph.D. graduates have achieved a 100 percent success rate on professional licensure examinations for several years in a row.
- Exceptional faculty. Texas Tech has the nation's largest graduate-level faculty in couple, marriage, and family therapy. You will work with nationally prominent researchers and highly experienced practitioners.
- Collaborative culture. Our program has a highly interdisciplinary approach that promotes personal and professional growth. You will have opportunities to work alongside peer researchers in addiction sciences, neurobiology, education, childhood development, and other fields.
Our Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy Ph.D. Program Helps You Showcase Your Research
Faculty and Ph.D. Texas Tech's faculty and couple, marriage, and family therapy doctoral candidates have an outstanding record of research accomplishments. Recent publications have covered a wide range of subjects, including:
- Military marriages
- Domestic violence
- Substance abuse in adults and adolescents
- Family resiliency during health care crises
- Living with disabled family members (including individuals with Down's syndrome)
- Mindfulness in marriage and dating
Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy Ph.D. Program Accreditation
The Ph.D. program has been accredited continuously since 1981 by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education. Hours accumulated during the doctoral program can be counted toward full licensure in Texas.
For more information about the Ph.D. program in Couple, Marriage, and Family Therapy
Request Information Online
Contact the program coordinator
- Name: Dr. Douglas Smith
- Phone: (806) 834-7606