Marriage and Family Therapy
Admissions & Applications
Graduate School Deadlines
January 1, 2015
January 1, 2015
How to Apply
Apply to Graduate School
- Apply to Texas Tech University's Graduate School: Online application
- Pay the application fee
For information about scholarships from the TTU Graduate School, please go to: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/financial/GeneralFellowships.php
Submit documents to the Graduate School
Applicant File Upload Portal
The Applicant File Upload Portal may only be accessed once. Please make sure you have prepared ALL required documents before continuing.
Within 24 hours of submitting your Apply Texas application you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to activate your eRaider account. You must have activated the eRaider account to upload documents to the Graduate School.
Uploading your documents may take up to 1 hour and you will be able to access the system only once. Please make sure you have completed and compiled all of the requested information before starting this step.
All documents must be PDF files which are no larger than 2MB each.
- Personal Statement of Professional Goals
- Contribution Statement
- Passport Bio Page (International Students)
- Proof of Financial Support (International Students)
- ALL Unofficial Copies of Degrees
- ALL Unofficial Copies of College/University Transcript
- Email addresses for 3 persons who will submit recommendations
- GRE scores
1. Go to the Applicant File Upload Portal
2. Create a profile and confirm which term and program you are applying to.
3. In tab 1:
- Upload your Resume/CV, Professional Statement of Professional Goals, and Written Sample. Please submit the document only once.
4. In tab 2:
- International students will submit their passport bio page and proof of financial support.
- All applicants will upload (unofficial) copies or scans of their degree certificates.
5. In tab 3:
- Upload unofficial copies of College and University transcripts.
6. In tab 4:
- Provide the official e-mail address of up to three (3) persons willing to provide a letter of recommendation. Each recommender will receive an email from the system with a fillable two-page PDF recommendation form and a dedicated link for its submission.
7. In tab 5:
- Upload GRE score report, and where appropriate, proof of English proficiency for International Applicants, such as TOEFL or IELTS.
8. Click "Finish" to submit your materials.
Once your documents have been submitted in the Applicant File Upload Portal, you will then be able to start tracking your application status in the Raiderlink portal.
Requirements for MFT Program
Submit the following in PDF format to Lori Minner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vita/Resume - Resume should include: Employment history, Education, Degrees, Honors and Leadership, Professional Organization, Special Awards, Research and other Creative Work Skills, Hobbies and Interests.
- Goals Statement – In 500 words or less, describe explicitly your professional goals and any further information relevant to your interest and capacity for graduate study. Include a statement of how experiences in your family of origin have influenced your career goals.
- Contribution Statement - Describe what special contributions you would bring; contribution to diversity, special accomplishments, research and creative achievements, leadership background, other unique life experiences relevant to your pursuit of graduate education.
- Three (3) letters of reference
- The GRE and GMAT are not required.
If you have any further questions, please contact Lori Minner, 806.834.3547 or email email@example.com.
The Department of Community, Family, and Addiction Sciences (CFAS), in conjunction with the College of Human Sciences, offers a variety of graduate scholarships of different amounts. In order for a student to receive a scholarship from CFAS, it is the College of Human Sciences’ requirement that the student completes a graduate scholarship application through the graduate school and provides additional documentation.