Tun-Min (Catherine) Jai, Ph.D.
Phone: (806) 834-8645
Office: HS 288
Tun-Min (Catherine) Jai is an associate professor of Hospitality and Retail Management at Texas Tech University. She received her BS and MS degrees of textile design from Fu Jen Catholic University (Taiwan) and her PhD degree of Consumer Behavior from Oregon State University. Her past working experience includes textile merchandiser, textile testing lab manager and market analyst. Dr. Jai joined Texas Tech University in 2010, since then, she has published more than 25 peer-reviewed journal articles and more than 40 conference presentations. She received the Best Dissertation Award from International Textile and Apparel Association, Texas Tech University Alumni Association New Faculty Award and was nominated for Hemphill-Wells New Professor Excellence in Teaching and Chancellor's Council Distinguished Research Award. She is a member of International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA), Academy of Marketing Science (AMS), and American Collegiate Retailing Association (ACRA).
Courses Currently Teaching:
- RTL 3340, International Retailing.
- RTL 3390, Internship in Retailing.
- RTL 4335, Practices in Web-based Retail Management.
- RTL 4350, Retail Global Sourcing
- RETL 5335, Advanced Web-based Retail Management.
- RHIM 5311, Advanced Global Sourcing.
- RHIM 5335, Advanced Concepts in E-Commerce.
- RETL 6345, Retail Consumer Behavior.
- RETL6000, Thesis
- RETL7000, Dissertation
- Consumer Behavior
- Consumer Information Privacy
- Visual Merchandising
My primary research interests are consumer behavior in e-commerce, consumer information privacy, and brand-customer relationship. I have conducted research on consumers' privacy concerns on online behavioral tracking practices and data breach, online purchase decisions, neuromarketing, and brand-customer relationship on social media, etc. Her current research projects include comparing older and younger adults' online purchase decision mechanisms, consumer trust and its influence on brand loyalty.
- Consumer welfare
- Responsible shopping behavior
- Consumer privacy protection
Areas of Expertise:
- Retail management
- Electronic commerce
- Consumer information privacy